WiC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Jul 14, 2007.

1. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

Nice. You do realize that you'll be responsible for further emptying the Empires test server, don't you? :p

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

You're discouraging people from playing other games?

Thanks for the link.

4. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Ingame Name: Grayclay

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I tried the beta a while ago but couldn't get into it. Too much artillery and too easy to see things :P

I prefer GC2 :)

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Only played GC1...I remember being unimpressed by the first one...

7. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Dee, tbh, i haven't actually heard you ever say you liked a game, ever.

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Hmm, they definitely polished it up some more. Lots more voices this time around and details.

I wish I'd gotten the 640 mb gts now though :/

9. ^Dee^

GC1 wasn't much. GC2 is definately a big improvement. Doesn't feel like GC at all :P

EDIT: Yes you have, grayclay, don't be silly :)

10. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

I like it.
    It even made me play GC again.

11. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

norly! srsly!

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Differences I have seen thus far between the 320 MB and the 640 MB are so small...it isn't until you turn your resolution to 1600x1200/1680x1050 that the gap starts to become noticeable.

And the ATi 2900XT...well....lets just say its labeled a DX10 card...but should never be used for DX10.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  13. ^Dee^

So all those weekends playing DoW wasn't some sort of indication? :P

14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I run at 1680x1050 and I get vram overloads during gameplay with the settings cranked up. That extra ram could've helped a lot right now.

15. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Heh, ok, you got me there.
    But i mean new games. Betas. Which is to be expected, i guess.

16. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

It's ok, but it feels like artillery is just hitting you regardless of where you are in the map if you're ground, and ground is the only thing that can capture points. If you're infantry, you get slaughtered, unless you are playing a good city map with nice hiding spots (anti-tank inf). If you're air, you get lots of kills while avoiding anti-air, but you're basically a scout as you can do not a lot of strategic things. Tanks is probably the best role for doing most of the capturing, but you need anti-air to avoid getting massed by helis.

Of course, I suck at the game because while I'm saving up support points to get a x2 Large Artillery Strike, some guy lets outs 3 tactical nukes. At once. Wtf.

17. Chahk

Chahk Member

The most support points I got in one game was 38 while playing Air. I have no idea how people get enough for a nuke (80 pts) while playing as Infantry or Armor. I tried my hand at Armor and Support, but I just get slaughrtered by different support strikes. I shudder at the idea of playing as Infantry, seeing how easily they get taken out.

P.S. My in-game name is "Chahk" btw. And guess which clan I created :p

18. ^Dee^

Neh, new games are becoming either incredibly dumbed down or horribly complicated.

Either that or they do something stupid that makes the rest of the game pointless to play.

There's few new games that seem to actually get it right these days and I'm continuously finding myself playing all my older games, more and more =/

19. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Yea, thats what I figured.

Well, for me, I've hit a culmulative 27,000 points. The most TA points i got in a match were 104, that was playing as Air.

Air: What you do, is you get 3 Heavy Air, make a mad dash for the far corner of their side of the map, get a scout helicopter, then run him along their side looking for freshly spawned tanks and artillery, then you bring your heavies in to rape it. Generally try to do hit and runs, as air isnt the strongest class for taking damage. You *can* take out 3 heavy AA if you know what your doing, but i wouldn't suggest it for a noob.

Armor: Use this class for capping points. Your best bet is to start the match with as many medium tanks as you can get, and rush them to the closest capture point, stick 1 of the tanks on each spot, then move on. This is all I've found armor to be good for, its too hard for them to kill infantry, and they cant shoot helis, unless you get the armored troop transports.

Infantry: The ultimate class, Infantry is the most versatile. The key is knowing when to run. Use infantry as an ambush class. Hide in the trees near a capture point, and send one guy out to cap it. The collective might of 2 anti tank squads and 2 normal infantry squads will kill a heavy tank in one volley. But everytime you see an enemy unit for more then 2 seconds, or your engaging one, wait for about 5 seconds, then sprint your troops to a new location, as they will have called in multiple artillery strikes. Infantry is also very good for capping, because they get Humvees which can zip around really fast. Additionally, they have the intimadation factor, because no air person wants to engage normal infantry (stingers) and no armor person wants to engage anti-tank infantry.

Support: It really depends on what you want to do. If the enemy has alot of choppers, id suggest going pure AA, as they will rip them apart. Teamwork is required here, as its helpful to have an air player on your team bait their air into your AA. If your going to play as support, start off with 2 heavy artillery, and immediatly attack ground on the points that are closest to the enemy. From their, its just predicting the movement on the enemy. Always use attack ground, unless your attacking something stationary. And, IMPORTANT, NEVER group your artillery together. Put them as far apart as possible, without diminshing each artilleries ability to hit where the other one can.

I hope this helps some of you, the game isnt very hard once you realize how easy it is to avoid artillery. Just always, no matter what class, keep your units on the move. Never stay in the same spot for more then 10 seconds.

If anyone wants to play a match, or needs some help, my ingame name is Grayclay. Just message me up, the entire ingame MP browser is possibly the best ive ever seen.

Hint: To get alot of TA points, tell your team that you are saving up for a nuke, and then tell them that to donate points you press "tab" and the little "1" or "5" next to your name. The best way to get points otherwise is to set troops on unfortifyed command points, then get AA. AA gets obscene points when attacking air.

20. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I always hotwheel around the map with either humvees or personnel carriers with infantry to take out artillery.

Lot's of fun.