Why is it so fucking hard to place walls

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, Nov 9, 2011.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I thought people were being sarcastic. I don't understand what's so hard about droping walls at all, especially as commandor.
    Walling in vehicles is like the most basic commandor skill, to me atleast but then again Hobbes really helped me master it :P

And what the fuck are "perfecct square walls"? do you guys mean the small one that's 1/3 of the normal ones? you don't need a degree in science to drop those..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

walls as an element of gameplay are key to empires uniqueness among the greater milieu of gaming, especially pertaining to modifications.

fixing walls and the bug that shows turret/ammobox/walls ghosts all at once would go a long way to demonstrating empires polish and its claim to source mod dominance.

there, non shit post. infraction for broken keyboard lulz removed now.

3. Kane

Kane Member

You need a degree in SIENCE, you certainly do.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Don't get me wrong, 90% of the time I can drop them perfectly, but there's that 10% of the time where they appear 10 miles from where I asked them to be.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

sometimes in comm view I get ghost walls & if they go across a ref I sometimes can't place it but it happens so infrequently its not really a problem

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

such things are exactly what make this game appear buggier then it is.

or well, maybe its buggier then one would expect, and its only running because the bugs are bugging and if you fix one nothing works anymore ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The bugs are all pretty easy to work around except the skills bug & calc not charging bug which are the only ones that happens often enough to actually be spillmy-beer, shout-at-the-monitor, hit-innocent-bystanders annoying.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Which at this time, are the only ones we're interested in fixing.

9. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I’ve never had the ghost walls block me from dropping anything as comm, nor have i ever heard that until reading that just now.

But I love going to drop a turret, Ammo or what have you and having a ghost of every engineer droppable appear at once. Totally filling my screen. I’ve lost count of how many times that’s happened

10. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Walls are only good for protection and griefing. And as of a few version numbers ago (no idea if it's still the case), Engies could grief the fuck out of tanks and CVs if they got close.

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

this is still the case.

12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

So I take it you're not interested in fixing Spy, the 5th class in Empires? Bitchin! I'm going to go get revived by an enemy, then go back to my main and 9 mine the command vehicle without anyone able to do shit about it!

When will we see this class officially implemented so I don't have to waste time swapping teams while dead to unlock the Spy?

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

There was a consensus between Empires dev team and Gaben to make this class selectable only by Gaben, cause it's his favourite.