Why is every thread that says anything remotely negative about 2.25 being closed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirex

Sirex Member

"Join Date: Apr 2010"
    You opinion means shit you don't know jack of this communtiy.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

yeah judge people by their join date, thank you for being so incredibly tolerant. I banned him because that's the account of he who shall be not named, who was in this community more then two years before you.

Congratulations on your enlightening views on the join date.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

PM by rafael omedo:
    There's a limit to harrassement ...

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Did someone announce the 2.25 release in 4chan? Admit it!

5. Sirex

Sirex Member

Thank you Brutos!
    I would also take this oppertunity to tell you what a fine loving soul you are. Further more i would want to say that we all should be a happy community and i think you are a great example. Also i would like to say that apperntly we are supposed to treat all people with a joindat of this month apperntly as experts on the game and not contradict them if there are more.

That is all you all have a very pleasent weekend now! :)

6. Demented

Demented Member

Dunn's comments were inflammatory. It could be an honest appraisal, but, when taken to such an extreme, the line between honesty and trolling is indistinguishable.

Oh, one PM doesn't scratch the surface... Admittedly, once they're spending 24 hours a day on it, you could say they've hit a limit. A single person only has so much time to spend. At least, until someone hires Guido.

7. Empty

Empty Member

I've had several large 800+ word essays linked PMed and messaged to me.

I grow weary of these silly people.

8. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You mean about your thrown in the blackhole? I got such pms too about how we should rather vote instead of get ruled
    but I told them that I accept the king and I'm not interested in further discussions xD ...

9. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I'll tell you that this community has a bad history of making disproportionate amounts of negative comments with new releases. Nobody ever takes into consideration that people worked on the mod, for free, in their spare time, but only think that those people have an obligation to entertain them.

That is why there is a hypersensitivity to troll-raging about new releases. People wind themselves up into a frenzy without trying to be objective, or fair, or even considerate. They only want to rant about "bad" things.

10. Brutos

Did you ever hear of the golden rule? Treat someone like you want to be treated, or in a more modern form: "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law." (Kant).

Probably every culture on this planet has developed some concept like that.

Edit: Directed at Sirex.

11. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

kant's philosophical paradigm sounds awesome, right? if you're following kant and a nazi comes to your door and you're harboring jews, kant's philosophy demands that you turn the jews over to the nazis if you are asked to.

sorry, but you can't be nice to everyone.

12. Empty

Empty Member

Well the alternative is get shot.

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

no, the alternative is to lie to the nazis and say that you don't have any jews.

14. Empty

Empty Member

They then kick down the door, find jews and shoot all of you.

15. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Are you somehow stating that at no point in history was a household capable of successfully hiding jews from the nazis?

16. Brutos

Wait you are using the categorical imperative to defend nazis? That is a big leap. I honestly can not see how you would make that jump. Explain please.

17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Do you, or do you not believe that Kant taught to treat every human being as an end to their own means?

edit: oh, it seems as though my work has been done for me. Kant himself admitted the categorical imperative enables nazis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_imperative#Inquiring_murderer

Just replace "murderer" with "nazi" and "victim" with "jew" here for an exact analog.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  18. Brutos

Well Kant lived during the 18th century. Even at the beginning of the 20th century the most progressive people of their time where still using words like nigger and that they are the white mans burden.
    Or even less then half a decade ago it was most widely accepted to laugh at the idea of women having rights like voting or that they are equal to men.

Two centuries have passed since Kant died, the concepts of morality and ethics have evolved. But it does not change the fact that the categorical imperative is (or should be) the most fundamental rule of every society.

Now please don't abuse one of the greatest minds of the enlightenment, without which we still might be in the christian dark ages, to defend nazis.

Physics 200 years ago did have some retarded ideas too, concepts like the ether were common until the beginning of the 20th century. Just because everyone believed it, didn't make it right.

19. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Are you going to spout diatribes, or are you going to address my issues directly?

this is the most famous criticism of kant to date. if you aren't familiar with it you can't honestly say that you know anything about him.

20. Brutos

Just because he was a brilliant mind 200 years ago, didn't grant him impeccable. I'm only referring to the categorical imperative and you can not possibly deny that it is a good rule to which you can live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.