why does the engineer also supply ammunition?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by flasche, Jun 20, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why does the medic also supply ammoz? think about it, in most games this is seperated. you could give the ammo box to the grenadier and lower his ammo counts f.e. (or the rifleman or the scout but i find them less fitting)

i didnt post it in the suggestion forums bc i didnt want to write up a list of pros and cons. so go on, tell me why its bad?

edit:
    you also could finally remove that stupid unlimited ammo for tanks because you cant repair as gren.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Seriously? Do you thought about what a gren with unlimit ammo can do?

3. Reznov

Reznov Member

Unlimited ammo + gren + vet = gg

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

what he said.

edit: imagine reznov and bloodraven in a jeep with reznov carrying the ammo and actually not needing bloodraven except for jeeppairs... IMAGINE

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Let's think about it for the scout, though.

Gren even I think is kinda ridiculous, but for the scout...?

6. Paradox

Imagine people yelling for more scouts on the team. There is your answer.

just make it so engineers can ONLY drop ammo or ONLY heal or something more realistic cause giving it to any other class is just meeeh

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Or leave shit that works the way it is.

8. flasche

i dont see the issue, its not like the gren would suddently turn into an engineer who can drop walls aswell.
    but ok, whatabout giving rifleman heal and revive and leave ammo with the engi (also give points for people restocking on ammo for the engi without revive he will have a hard time pointfarming)?

oh and trickster i dont mean "put this in the next release", i just found it interesting how its good and bad and what could be better in what way ect ...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Stop for 3 seconds and get enough mortar shots to blow up a base. Totally balanced.

Scouts are nice in CQC though.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know you very much want a BF3/BF2142 class layout, but no, we are not swapping to Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon.

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Sneak next to cv, place ammobox, mine.
    or.
    Sit on hill with ammobox in front of you, requires no teamwork whatsoever.

Also, grenadiers tend to be a bit jumpy in their gameplay, I doubt they will focus on their teammates asking for ammo when the tanks start rolling.

12. Paradox

are you shitting me???????? rifleman with revive and heal? Srsly? you basicly just get a squad with 4 rifleman and 1 gren and go nuts... sticky bomb a rax to death just because you can. you insane flasche

13. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

how would a squad of 4 rifleman and 1 gren be able to stickybomb a rax to detah when the engineer still carries the ammobox.

14. Paradox

gren ammobox bro

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The classes and respective specific skill upgrades are all pretty much fine I think. Engineer isn't really overpowered, except smg1 is silly accurate (perhaps seismics do a tad too much damage to buildings IMO). Certainly I don't find anything offered up here the least but appealing in regards to which classes should get which skills.

What I would be interested to see is that class generic upgrades are separated. Whereby generic ones can be chosen as per normal, but the class specific upgrades are given much like achievements. For example you get vehicle damage for destroying 2 vehicles with a vehicle weapon or you would gain turret upgrade after getting a turret kill whilst having a camera built.

I think it would encourage people to focus on particular play styles within each class. And stick with each class longer. I dislike the idea that I can build whore/revive whore myself up to 4 perks and then instantly change to a boss tank driver or uber powerful roffleman (my total lack of twitch reflex not withstanding).

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The first suggestion flasche makes in like 3 years, the same person who hates on the suggestions of everyone else, happens to make the worlds worst suggestion. This shit aint enemy territory.

17. flasche

thats how i roll

18. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

pardon my rudeness. FUCK OFF

Gren is the best battle tank in the game now. why not just give him a jetpack, zero friction skis, ammo boxes , and the abillity to heal himself too?

19. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Paradox still can't read.

20. Michael

Michael Member

Why does the engineer also supply ammunition? Its totaly fit for the engineer and the Emphayers class / role system. I think the sq leader powers are the really ultimate part for engys (next to gren arty, or perhaps scout hide but thats too special condition type.). So yeah, giving ammo boxes to any other classes, or just simply seperating stuff would only be well balanced if you mainly copy paste the Battlefield / Wolfenstein Enemy Territory style.

Current Emphayers is fine, except for scout. Scouts really need something extra, easy to implement stuff to get more closer to the other classes.

PS.: Happy birthday Trickster! Welcome to the XX! :cool: