Why Does Glycencity Suck?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Deadpool, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

emp_recruit:
    "Glycencity.... fuck yeah gonna blast some ppls! here I come motherfucker!"

Glycencity:
    "NOT IF YER BRENODI, FUCKER!"

emp_recruit:
    "really? wtf did I do?!"

Glycencity:
    "GLYCEN DEMANDS BRENODI BLOOD!"

(editor) Hence, the map sucks, because it demands Brenodi blood.

ok, I am making this post to discuss why glycencity sucks.

In it's current incarnation, glycentcity is brutal. I just came from a server fucking packed to the tits w skilled players and this, my friends, is why (it sucks):

SUCKS - the BE second flag is too easily accessible;

SUCKS - there are two (viable) routes to the second BE flag (and really only one for NF second);

SUCKS - the window to NF side, (no cover, not close to the flag like on the BE side);

SUCKS - (somehow) you can mine the entrance to middle way easier (faster) as NF than you can as BE; (no idea why, but that's how it works out.);

SUCKS for BE - you have to drive too far to be anywhere useful;

BOTH - one word, WALLS! remove the walls, have a way more tense match, we are using paper (aren't we?);

BOTH - TURRETS! ok, so, removing walls removes turrets too, right? cause they are inseperable as a buildable? (aren't they?/paper?);

So, in conclusion, there is no cover getting to NF's second flag as BE, and a lot getting to BE's as NF... right? Come on you've played this map before.

Add in the LT general awesomeness, and the afv inherent SUCK, and you have many reasons why glycencity is fucked up right now.

The removal of all engi buildables may help to balance this map, it seems. I dunno though, I'm not a doctor, dammit.

So there it is, I'm hoping that some changes can be made to this map to bring back the intensity that it used to have.

thanks, Deadpool

edit: it was suggested that middle have 2 flags, which sounds like a pretty good idea, but worthless without overall changes, yeah?

ok peace out.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

walls and turrets can be removed separately.

More than anything else, BE has nowhere to hide APC's when trying to defend. Either it's way off to the side and inconvenient or up front and in danger.

Window fail most times if BE has the center because NF usually try and use it as well, and there just isn't enough cover for the distance that you must travel to get to the flag.

3. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

as of this patch, the Brenodi empire infantry weapons are (in my openion) more usefull than their NF counterparts. In this map, if you have a look, there is one bendy approach towards the middle for nf, and one relatively wider and straighter one for BE.

The NF one is a miner's heaven, with it's narrow curves. The BE one may also have more visibility down the road, hence rpgs of death, but it is wide enough for the vehicles to dodge.

Lets have a look at the middle flag. Towards the NF side there is a narrow vehicle access point with short sections of low walls on either side, and a tunnel through the university building.

Towards the BE side, there is a wide road going to the middle, with a section of low wall to the right (looking from the flag) that is very usefull cover. For the infantry there is a way pretty much straight from flag 2 to middle, which splits into two ways with abundant cover.

If you want to defend middle from NF, all you have to do is have a engi or 2 with some other miscellanious infantry nadespamming down the tunnels, and that is the end of that entry point.

The road is harder to defend, but nothing a few mines, turrets and some walls wont solve.

To defend against BE, the NF have to push all the way up to their second flag: in which time is quite easy for BE to sneak through and recap mid.

The BE APC also have a weapons second seat: a grenadier can sit there and drop mines all day. A good mortar to a unlucky NF apc tends to happen more often than you think, too.

The NF light tank tends to be a problem, but 2 insistent grenadiers in the front APC generally gets rid of THAT problem.

And yes, i always play BE in glycen. The assault carbine is da bomb, and watching light tanks and apcs go up in a fireball makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside... wait, no, it is that ball of lint. *cough* *cough*

So, this is a (relatively) balanced map.

FLAME AWAAAY

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.