Who's not going to celebrate Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I'm quite sick of Christmas. Having to live up to people's expectations and give them gifts and shit is just annoying. The icing of the shitcake must be all the hype around something that everyone's forgotten why we even celebrate. Ask a random person out on the street. Half of the people you ask will probably have no idea why.

I'd rather deny all gifts and go away on a nice vacation instead of spending money on gifts, expensive food, clothes and Christmas-piss like that.
    Be honest, who wants socks for Christmas when you can get a 1 week holiday somewhere you would like to be.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who enjoys christmas because you get to buy people you like nice things and they aren't allowed to say no.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I liked it up until the point where I got old enough for the occasion not to bring in as much worth to me financially. I.e. I stopped getting as much money, started being expected to spend it more, and started working, which meant the money was less important to me comparatively anyway, i.e. £100 as a 10 year old was a lot more valuable than £100 now.

Now I could be less bothered with it. It exists there as time off work, which is why I just decided to book a holiday for the week before, so I can get 2 weeks off and spend a week of it snowboarding away from everyone. I get sick of people in general.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

A lot of people already do that.

And I fucking like socks, thankyouverymuch.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'd rather get books more than anything else. I'm a pretty risky guy, I rarely buy things for myself unless I've read the thousands of reviews for whatever I am getting, at least with books I am never disappointed and five or six last a few months. Christmas is pretty stressing.

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I get to meet my brother and his family who I haven't seen for the last half year + family.
    So yes, I like Christmas.

7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Will celebrate booze and chocolate day for as long as I live.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

ARE YOU NUTS!!!

HOT SPICED WINE TIL YOU DROP AND COOKIES TIL YOU PUKE

yes that deserves caps

9. Space_Oddity

Mulled wine is fucking disgusting, its like watered-down brown sauce (which is great on beans but not in a glass.)

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Christmas is the time when presents are in abundance, the temperature hits 40, it has been a month since "christmas specials" were on, the churches seem to forget the separation of church and State and poke their heads out, my boss makes me come into work, horrible movies from the 60s are shown on TV because noone is watching, the US goes on major offensives and bombing raids because they know noone will pay attention, the average weight gained per person in the first world is three kilograms, and all those second rate games like HoN and TF2 get Christmas themes.

On the other hand, December 26th, or Fuckingamazingmas as I prefer to call it, shows us the joy of everyone having hangovers, 80% off everything, and other glories.

11. Space_Oddity

>implying TF2 isn't awesome.
    >implying Boxing Day isn't the worst day of the year.

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

with who are you going now? or you going alone and pissing your pants cause you need to learn to talk to people there?
    And where you goign?

13. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Hahaha you are becoming a bitter old man!

...like me :(

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I like christmas. It's the only time in year when i have enough time to play MMOs.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, that's true, I can finally play some single player games over christmas, given that it'll be the first week I've had off in 12 months.

Going on my own but it's a group thing, it doesn't really bother me. I don't have any friends that snowboard, and the only one that skis I'm going with in April. I don't mind having to be with other people I don't know on the slopes, or when I'm eating, I'm just not overly keen on having to share a room with them, but I'll get over it, snowboarding is worth it. And I'm going to Val d'Isere, next to Tignes, in the French Alps.

16. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Fuck Christmas! I quit it years ago. Couldn't be happier about. I'm just stress free during holidays

17. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Booze, cookies and cake, are you guys mad, how can anyone not like that?

18. Space_Oddity

I don't see how anyone but mums can find Crimbo stressful. Sure, I usually end up spending nearly £100 on presents for people but I usually make sure its something they'll be guilt-tripped into sharing with me.