who's in a clan ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jambo, Jul 31, 2006.

?

are you in a clan ?

1. yes , i'm in a clan

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. no , i'm not in a clan

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. i don't want to be in a clan , just a solo renagade

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Vlade

Vlade Member

Replace scout rifle with a really big knife. Crocodile dun-dee style ^^

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, BSID might seem like elitists, but that might be because it's composed of people tired of stupidity of the 1st-timers-who-think-empires-sucks on the pubs, and want to be engaged in a real Empires battle. And if we stack, it's because we try to get in as much clan team work as possible. In a clan match the other people won't be there, so it will just be our clan: Thus we will be ready for that situation.

3. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

How about an assult shotgun the only shotgun in the game is the Nfs little 2shot pistol this way if u get killed in one shot its your own stupids selfs fault for not keep your distance and why is it every one fears the one shot kill.

4. katana9000

katana9000 Member

ROFL!!!! :D

Quote: Nutcase
    Well I have no objection to giving them a shotgun. Still there should be no one-shot-kill weapons in my opinion. (That infantry can carry that is.) However if you have to real close to have it do so... I could agree. Now some of you may have your jaw dropped open seeing me agree with a one-shot-wonder weapon. However the only reason I opposed it with the scout riffle was beacuse they could win easily in BOTH long and short range matches. But with a shotgun their long range advantage is obsolete. And so a powerful short range weapon that the scout can use after stealhing up behind someone seem perfectly balanced and fair. (Fitting of a spy/adv. scout like unit) They still need some sort ability to harm the enemy team's base when they sneak in though. Demolition charges, can transfer money from the enemy team, can disable the com temperarily, can disable buildings like the vf and radar temperarlily. Just something like those.

5. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

"points to sig"

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

MrBoja: Clan stacking is always bad. No matter what you say. You have clan big enough to just go to 2 different teams.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Do that on your own server. Don't hijack other people's servers because you want to get some clan practice.

Not only is it a bannable offense in almost every other game, it's only given your clan a bad reputation thus far.

8. Vlade

Vlade Member

I like to stack it stack it! I like to stack it yeah!!!!!!

Besides Dee, we stack in all games we play :P Never been banned.

9. ^Dee^

we? bsid is only an empires clan isn't it?

But yes. I've came close to banning bsid a few times, if not for being told not to.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

But you were kicked at least once.

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If you BSID are so into practicing your skills, hone them against one another by dividing into two teams so it's even. If you're on TS or vent, divide into different channels there so you can do a good job of it.

The 42nd is known to clear servers in AA. It's pretty spiffy. And there's autobalance in AA, so we don't do it by stacking :-P

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That possibly is the reason some people just don't want to join a clan. Just a little thing beside your name that gives you the more rights to stack then an emp_recruit...

13. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

We don't stack 8 people on one team. If we have 2-3 people in one game, usually they go to one team. The teams are even in the beginning, it's just that people join in and go BE, and then people complain about teamstacking. Then people from NF leave or switch teams, and people say BSID is teamstacking because we have our guys on one team.

Yes we teamstack to make it 15v3 every game we play. Yeah.

14. ^Dee^

There's a difference between teamstacking and clanstacking.

15. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Does seem a bit pointless to have a clan and "not" play together doesn't it? Though I completely agree with you on team stacking. We need to have a pre-game setup to determine the coms and to balance the teams out before the game even begins.

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

katana: You suggest than 4 clan members (or more) in one team vs noobs in the other team makes sense?

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

On average a typical clan member has played enough of the game to be quite competant and require less micromanagement then the average pubber...

Playing a game where one side is a bunch of regulars plus clanners and on the other a bunch of emp_recruits... Talk about "PWND"

But ofcourse if you are playing with good clanners on your team, thats a diffrent story :D

18. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

yeah im in a clan

19. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I'm not in a clan, and I'd really LIKE to be in a clan, if for no other reason than to have players whenever I would LIKE to play, instead of having to wait until night.

If I make the commitment to join a clan, it's going to be wholeheartedly supporting said clan and making an attempt at long term commitment. Therefore, I'd want a clan that's been around for awhile, and has good, non-asshole players.

I'd join BSID but I don't have the time to hone my skills, what with 40 hour work weeks and summer classes. Sadly, no other clan seems to have the staying power of BSID. HOWEVER, I have yet to play a game with MORE then one or two BSID, so I haven't seen any clanstacking. I can't really give an unbiased opinion on this issue. On-e has a good server but it just formed and has something of a horrible rep. (Lately they've played a good game and acted mature and done a great job admining their server. But like I said, I haven't had much game time anywhere.)

20. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Ehhh....

If you've got America's Army, sign up for the 42nd Spec Ops, and you very well quickly jump to Lance Corporal and head up an Empires Mod branch?