Who Plays Gran Turismo 5?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MooJuiceThaHater, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

Who plays Gran Turismo 5?

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Want to, too peasanty to buy a PS3 atm. I'm looking forward to whoopin yo ass when I get it though.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Play a realistic racing game like Burnout bro.

4. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

gran turismo 3 was the best of the gran turismos, get over it

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'm a massive petrol head and a GT5 fanboy. i love how the game is basically just a celebration of awesome and historic cars. Admittedly there are more realistic driving simulators and the AI is still kinda wooden but it strikes a good balance.

Me and a friend played Prologue Compulsively. Built a playseat and got a logitech driving force wheel and spent hundreds of hours drifting the Eiger track mostly.

I've still got some top ten spots on the drift board on GT5P. Lack of scoreboard in GT5 kinda annoyed me but its a great game and i still enjoy drifting cars i'll never be able to own, but they seem to have concentrated too much on some parts and not enough on others, I hope they keep developing it and releasing more content.

My psn is "azkaii"

edit: GT3 A Spec had sweet cars.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

This game is the only reason I regret buying a 360 instead of PS3(got it cheap off my friend). I don't care about the console wars, they both suck compared to PC but I really wanted to play GTA V when it first came out and GT5 wasn't even out then. Looks beautiful though, It has car damage now huh?

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah it has car damage and its pretty good on the premium cars but terrible on the standard cars which are basically GT4 ports. Not surprising considering there are 1000 cars or more I guess.

The standard cars look poor by modern standards it has to be said but the premium cars have very well modelled interiors and exteriors with damage. With the playstation eye webcam hooked up it even does head tracking so you can look around the cabin whilst driving. Useful to see out the side windows when sliding around.

I've not done any endurance racing yet, I once did the 24 hours of Le Mans in GT4 entirely in A spec mode (where you drive, there was also a B spec where you could Pit and have the AI take over). I'm thinking about getting a friend over and doing it in shifts.

The best thing about GT5 is that the cars really do have different characteristics in the way they handle and its fun trying to perfect all of them.

Online still sucks though sometimes, laggy as hell. Makes empires tank driving look smooth sometimes.

8. Space_Oddity

Supercars are boring anyway. I want to tootle around in classic cars like the AC Cobra and Jaguar E Type.

9. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

I too enjoy tuning road cars without abusing on racing tires and limit my cars so they make sense. I woudn't buy the game if damage is of your concern you should only play that game if you plan on crashing at a minimal level. For realism you should be sure to check out the settings. Note I have to admit the bots could be better but online with decent people is quite nice.
    I don't care too much about standard cars looks. I drive my cars with hood view and performance and physics is what I care about.
    You may have nice tuning skills shitstorm but you cannot surpass my driving technique I challenge you to a 1 lap race on Nurburgring Nordschleif. Maybe around 510PP?

10. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  11. Empty

Empty Member

Pfft, everyone knows crash team racing had the most realistic car physics of ALL TIME.

12. Zeke

Zeke Banned

big rigs > all

the car physics were simply amazing (and still is) and not to mention that it was released in 2003 (the same year as need4speed underground)

13. Space_Oddity

[​IMG]

Was there ever any doubt?

14. Zeke

Zeke Banned

fail link fail

15. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

??????????????