Who forgot to knock on wood?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by unconnected, Aug 14, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

Good game of district going on and someone or other was buggin krenzo about releasing the 1.08 server.. why krenzo why? And he makes the obvious point of 'well how about when we can stop the server from crashing we'll release it' and BAM within 2 seconds the server crashes and goes down.. Ah what fitting timing to illustrate your point :) love it..

2. neMeNis

neMeNis Member

indeed...
    sad thing though cuz I had just connected and then it crashed :( I was definetly tooooo late!
    But I was wondering, I took a look at my console afterwards and I found a couple of error messeges in it. Dunno if it´s got anything to do with it it was usually about the binocular files not being loaded correctly :eek:
    does any1 know something about that?

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

the world models are fucked up. They fixed it for RC20

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Um, if Krenzo was there, he was probably running debug bits, waiting to hit an assert. Its GOOD the server crashed so he can find the exact problem. Having a bug you know about, but do not know how to fix and cannot reproduce without waiting 3 hours to find it...is pretty fucking frustrating. I do it on a daily basis at work...so I can relate to Krenzo's feelings to some extent.

5. neMeNis

neMeNis Member

yeah I know the priority right now is on testing and finding bugs especially this one has to be identified and fixed!! But I still enjoy playing and a crash right after I join is not exactly what I expected to happen :(
    well I think Krenzo is doing an awesome job on this and I hope he will be able to fix this soon :)

6. finalbob

finalbob Member

3rd time the serv crash when i play in 2H....

i was reviving a rifle in district, i saw him move for 2 sec and freeze then disconnect....

i forgoet they key i bind for take screen so i can't show you the distance i was...

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

We know, it was just funny that it crashed at that exact moment. :D

8. picard131

picard131 Member

Yep, the server crashed on district RIGHT as I was joining about 3 minutes ago, and I had seen that Krenzo was there, so meh. Another bug bites the dust? Crash on, Krenzo, crash on.