when is the next patch ?

Discussion in 'General' started by bossekille, Oct 8, 2006.

1. bossekille

bossekille Member

and when will it go official? still beta state.
    and still very unbalanced.
    searched for patch but got nothing. didnt want to go trew all the posts.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It's coming. It's about 40-50% done.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

wasn't it origionally planned to be a 2 week turnover between patches? i can't complain really - the devs are doing a damn good job.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

1.08 was planned to just include new art, animations, and iron sights, but it actually takes a long time to complete all the new art.

The two week turnaround was for the first five or so patches when the whole goal of patching was to fix lag and bugs. It was our plan all along to slow down around now to work on the big stuff that takes longer and requires more focus.

5. bossekille

bossekille Member

take your time man. its a great mod for beeing in beta state.
    was just curious.hehe.
    any sneak peaks on new animations and such?

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

who knows... :>

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the longer the better

8. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

psh its not unbalanced ^_^; only thing I can think of balance wise is nf barrack's being to tall, and nf's tanks>bren tanks

Mabye they'll add an autobalance system like a majority of modded cs servers do.

9. Goose

Goose Member

We'll then if nf is greater here and be is greater there. Bam seems like they even out.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Damn dee... your sig's keep getting hotter. /me wipes brow.

On topic...
    DON'T PESTER THE GREAT KRENZO! The more time he spends answering good questions the less time he has to make updates. Ya... art takes alot of time. Programing... ha... ohh a bug. hmm... 1+30= 20? oops... fixed there you go. But art is well.. art is artwork... it takes time to make it look like... well art. You gota caress it, make it shine with the love you have for it, and... and... /me better stop thinking of dee.

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I think the weapon balance on infantry side is almost there, just some small fixes to NF guns and it will be beautiful. There are still balance issues in the vehicle side, but if the reworked costs make an appearance on the next version, I think it will be beuatiful on that side too. :)

So Krenzo... The planes aren't coming for next version?

12. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

No, I've been saying for months now that planes will be in 1.1.

13. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Bloody hell! I forgot. :p But the next update is still worth the wait. :p Iron sights, scout rifle fixed... mmm...

And then there's the nightmare of engi SMGs turning into peashooters... Well time will tell what will happen with that, but it sure as hell gives me the creeps.

14. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

a shoty spraying 59679 peas in 1 blast would work

15. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

still a decent question though - you could have done a NS style move and renumbered the next patch (oh its an important thing and its taken a couple of months to do so we're moving up to 5.9 instead of calling it 0.8 etc etc)

speaking of which, i wonder what will be first, empires v.1 or ns source v.1 (if thats happening ever)

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

They are going to do NS-S. They are selling that small game that he made to get funds to pay for working on NS-S. I would love to see some kinda update on that tho. Like what the diff is gana be besides looking better.

I am sure however our 1.1 will come out way befor then. As they have a complete rewrite to do. They don't intend to port much over.

17. Eccomania

Eccomania Member

Empires is at present my best game. I play only empires and rarely dod, cs, dystopia or other games. Empires is a good game with good ideas... but isnt completely or finished. To many bugs (hidden in the mountain), communication is to pedantically and to many time is ago to promise aircraft. Many players disappeared and becomes smaller and smaller. Same cheater destroy the community additionally . That is very unfortunate. (sry ... my english is bad)

... but i wait and hope ... and thx for the game!