What's your sabotage mood?

Discussion in 'General' started by Worlder, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Worlder

Worlder Member

So you are a lone Scout that has managed to use a Jeep as a decoy for the MLs and to rush past the MGs or simply just used a "no traffic" path to the enemy base.

You see all those buildings VFs, refs, barracks, radars, whatever in the base.
    But you don't see anyone else. So what do you do?

Sabotage, what else.

So how do you feel while sneaking around and messing up their stuff?

For me it depends on the health I have at the moment. I feel mischievous (Hehe, I am in yourz radarz sabbin yourz resatch)when I got almost full health but if I have less than 75% then I get nervous about being discovered (Oh shit I hope no one spawns at that barrack while I am doing this) which the silence of the empty base just amplifies.

So how do you feel while sabotaging their stuff?

2. Adalore

Adalore Member

While sabotaging, normally I just sab as I inch in with hide.

If I had enough ranks, move in with, Hide, Enhance senses to avoid ambush, and regen, reasonably safe until you run out of ammo.

On the flip side, if you know a Scout is about, it just takes another scout with senses, it's fun to find em with that.

3. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Common Misconception: Sabbing the radar does not affect enemy research. Why? Because this would be waaaaaaaay too obvious and logical. So what does it do? Well, it tells you that yes, the enemy has a vf and is building vehicles. If you're lucky, then the enemy CV might move near it and you'll get to see it too.

Sidenote: Only sab turrets and refs. Anything else is either worthless or will give away your position/get you killed.

Do it for the lulz: Sab an enemy armory and watch as helpless roflmen and grenadiers can only get ammo/health at half speed.

4. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

when I scout, I usally scout with Hide and SMG2. I'll find myself a buggy cornor that gets me to 99% invis, and I'll keep sabbing the building until they do come and look for me, then I'll wipe anyone who gets close (but, I'll only engage if their back is turned)

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I hide in the stairway in district 402 with a grens mine on myhead. Then I punch people with hide/silencer/melee upgrade as they try to come up the stairs to cap the flag.

6. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

so THAT is you...
    hide+smg2+meelee upgrade in their rax = OMGWTF COOKIE HAX I GET PUNCHED OUTTA NOWHERE OMGOMGOMG

7. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

yea, it's great fun with weapon silencer, because they don't know whos the bastard killing them in stealth. and if they have thier back turned, they have no clue where you are either :D

8. zynaps

zynaps Member

On a side note; does the silencer work as expected in 2.21? The other day i had silencer in my third skill slot but the sound was not muffled like it was in 2.12. It sounded ... regular

9. zynaps

zynaps Member

Surely they can just look around for you with the death cam? I do it all the time if i get killed by a hidden scout. Most of the time I will spot him before his hide skill kicks in again.

10. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

While silenced shot does dim the sound, it also stops the enemy team from seeing that you just killed one of their guys, which has much more of an advantage.

And, yes, you can't hear the sound difference, but they can.

11. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

Really? that was removed? that sucks :(

12. communism

communism poof

Thats exactly how you don't sab. Why sab shit that no one spawns in and doesn't hurt the enemy team one bit except for the commander hoppin out for 10 secs?

Sabbing is very useful if you use it right, like sabbing the enemy's forward barracks when theres a huge fight going on for a piece of land. If you sneak behind enemy lines and sab your pretty much useless however

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

So your saying enemies and vehicles spawning with half health isn't worth it?

14. zynaps

zynaps Member

Which is why the he needs more useful equipment to aid in his epic scout quest.

15. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I almost always go straight for the sabotaging the barracks and then hide somewheres and ambush spawners. It's a great way to help out in a neighboring barracks vs barracks duel.

My only advice is that the trail of smoking buildings will give you away so it's best to only sabotage the most critical things. I think the best scout isn't a lone wolf going deep, but one that breaks through the enemy lines and helps the team advance past an obstacle along with the engineers.

16. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

I take note of blindspots and then I sabotague rax and vf and kill myself and come back as engy unless somebody on my team will actually assist, with teamwork I just sit watching and do nothig until my team comes to attack, then I sabo rax until my team destroys it or my team dies, if they get it I move on to vf, if my team dies, I just sit tight and wait for them to come again before I resume sabotague.

17. OuNin

OuNin Member

I can't stand it! I know you planned it.

I wish scout sneaking was more coordinated with base attacks. Most sabotaging I see is just done as a mere psychological tactic. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't see the scout used too devastatingly like that.

18. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Nope! You have a high chance of being found/killed when you do it at a regularly used building and an engineer can quickly negate your sab. I find sabotage more effective if its done on buildings that are rarely visited (i.e. refs and turrets in the middle of nowhere). In this case either someone has to go out of his way to fix the building or the enemy suffers the sab effect.

19. FN198

FN198 Member

kylegar uses the ranged rifle as a shotgun

BOOM, chicchic, BOOM

20. KILLX

KILLX Banned

So do I, and it pwns :D