Whats your problem with going grenadier?

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, Jan 2, 2013.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Just throwing that out their cause of the "apc end matches so fast" discussion in the pug threat. Its something that anoys me since the first match I ever played. Whats the problem with going grenadier? Their are usually 2-3 grens on a 20+ team, its not uncommon to have more scouts than grens on a team. If the enemy team throws apc's at you than go gren and kill it. Takes 3 hits on one side if the enemy has armor researched, no big deal...

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

After the new version came out, i dont gren as much anymore, it's true.
    However, I dont really feel the mortar anymore, my client sems to fuck me over when it comes to that. Good old nfar skills came back, so its all dandy for me.

Anyway, i'll assume you just worded it poorly and meant something along the lines of " why do you not change your class to gren when there is an apc rush incoming". If so, I actually do most of the times.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I prefer Rifleman with sticky though, usually you have a lot of fuckers hopping out of APC, Gren isn't decent while handling this.
    Plus their APC have to move inside your base to generate enough damage, there will be good opportunities for sticky.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

thats cuz i have been recording, not playing :(

5. Michael

Michael Member

From the riflewhore perspective: What Mr.Security said.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm surprised people play less as grens these days actually

In the years before i found it annoying that half the players where playing as gren, which left only the other half to use the 3 other classes. I played mostly as gren as well, or rifleman.

So far i actually find the rifleman less powerfull than before so i thought this would mean that even more people would move to the grenadier.

Surprised to hear that it didn't.

7. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I don't see the problem, some people will switch, some wont.
    Even though I suck at gren I'll swap out if I see the need.

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Because I'm usually doing something equally important, like keeping the barracks alive.

9. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Gren is pretty much tied with engineer for most played what are you smoking?

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

not really..:cool:

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm more tied to engineer as engineer or rifleman, really. All I need from them is an ammo box every other minute, that's all.

Yeah I waste a lot of automatic weapon clips.

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Grenadier is probably my most played class in pub matches, unless I know there are far better grenadiers on my team.

And most people don't go grenadier because it's not exactly an easy class to use, until you begin to become competent at using the omni-purpose mortar.

13. BroT

BroT Member

I dont play Gren that often anymore because people always flame me when I do so. If I'm Gren in the beginning of a round, everyone is like:
    "wtf, why aren't you engineer? we need revives bla bla..."

Arriving at the front then and noticing that my whole squad is being ripped apart by a single APC, I am doing the facepalm of the universe in front of my PC.

Grenz are gud imo.

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

you idiot, you start out as engi, then when vehicles spawn you switch to gren.
    "If I'm Gren in the beginning of a round"

15. BroT

BroT Member

Suuuure, and when the enemy goes for a VF rush with jeeps / APCs before u even think of switching to Gren? Then u fucked up.

16. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Don't be silly. If you're at all a good grenadier, you want to start out as grenadier on crossroads. If you're a good grenadier, you want to start out as grenadier on canyon to try to mortar down the enemy rax before they get it up. If you're a pretty good grenadier, you want to take grenadier and rush the center on coast. If you're a decent grenadier, you want to ride the jeep or apc to north in Mvalley to try to stop the enemy rush.

I could go on and on and on, but I hope that you have gotten the point by now.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

it's not about being good at it or not, I could for all it matter start out as w/e class I want to on w/e map and dominate, it's about starting out with a class and ending with a class that maximizes your domination, this would be starting as rifle/engie, switching to engie/gren ending as engie/gren

18. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I don't go gren because of union problems.
    My rep rides my ass constantly when I'm not playing as an engineer.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

wtf, why aren't you engineer? we need revives bla bla...

20. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Sgt Security - I was watching some players the other day and landed on you. It was a game that NF would certainly have lost but ended up winning. You were rifleman with sticky and I have not seen anyone play that better. You killed about three tanks and a bunch of guys before you died once. Always the tank drivers would jump out once you stickied and you mowed them down. Very Nice !

I also watched SPIKE doing Mortor Gren - and I attribute the win, where NF was majorly behind at the start, with two ninja barracks in their base. You guys beat them back then won the match - nicely done. The two of you guys kicked ass. Others may have too - but I was too busy watching you guys. Spike's mortors were like frigging homing missiles. Always placed right where the guy is going to be.

I would not recommend you to be gren or spike to be rifleman. You guys have perfected the ground attack with the guy of your choice. Just like a good Engineer can win the game by dropping ammo for grens, building and healing/reviving. All add to the win. I think the major difference is that you are more of an up close fighter and Spike killed from a distance. Pair the two of you together is deadly.

Vinnie