What's wrong with this config?

Discussion in 'General' started by vlamnire, Sep 8, 2010.

1. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I'd put my money on picmip, although I believe you can set it even lower than that, but don't quote me on it.

In general I've noticed that most of these don't really give you much of an FPS improvement (most of these don't even work in empiresmod), the only ones that really make a difference are bumpmap 0 and specular 0, but even those depend on your gfx.

So really, if something in your script is causing the ugly (excluding bumpmaps & specular maps), just remove it.

To be fair, theres a lot more cvars you can use to gain FPS, and if you're hoping on getting an improvement of 10+ to 20 FPS, the game will look worse than q3, so either get used to low FPS, or try more rigorous efforts to gain FPS and take the horrible graphics for what it is. (assuming you're probably not getting the boost in FPS you were hoping for)

3. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

Well something is wrong, 2.24 I could have about 80 FPS in every situation now I can go as low as 10.

4. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

Yeah it was that command, I removed it and my textures could be set to high again.

5. Omneh

Omneh Member

It is because most of the vehicle textures do look horrible.

While the default textures are acceptable, the new camo textures are noticeably lower resolution and look like shit as a result.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

if I looked it up right... picmic turns off textures, not something one would generally want.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I found few slow things that were added after 2.24d in GUI code. vlamnire can compare after I fix them.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Vlamnire's problem is blatantly something else. He has a 3.0ghz dual core and a 9800GT. You don't get less than 30FPS with that. I had the same specs, only an older 8800GTS a couple of years ago, and I never dropped below 60. Something else is broken. Inb4 Dubee goes "PARTICULZ" because it isn't that either.

9. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

Maybe if I use the original GUI then MOOtant?