what players make your game experience engaging?

Discussion in 'General' started by OuNin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

after playing with the emps community ofr a while you see the same faces around. and a lot have a lasting impression. like some of us have our favorite commanders. some have trusted brothers in arms or deadly rivals.

the the proximity of the same people given the size of the game really contributes to the fun factor of empires.

so who makes the game interesting and engaging and how?

2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

There are many names that come to mind so I'll just name a few.

For commander, Hobbes is simply the most fun commander to play under or even against. He is actually very competent(people seem to forget that due to his bad rep with boomtanking) and there is always a bit of suspense with him in the comm chair. Bonus points for managing to read chat with all that boomtanking he does.

Nihia is my favourite squad member but I doubt this needs explaining. Also a Foxtrot squad full of Epic members is usually loads of fun.

Mahti takes the cake in all categories though, as a commander he is hilarious and while quite a rare sight nowdays, his PRKL squad is simply the best. Their teamwork is the best I've seen in empires.

As for rivals, I don't have such thing. There are a few people I like to poke on the battlefield but I rarely go out of my way to find a specific person to fight.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I ALWAYS search for u D:

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

How cute.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

gsss D:

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Solitice

He is always drunk and eating pumpkin seeds, he has this deep voice and he is funny to troll.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Commie, sodaen, hsm, blakkcooper. You just can't have a serious game with them on your team.

That was the past. As of now, I can't say I can give any single person that amount of credit.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Hobbes as a commander because hes daring, but the team needs to go with it and be responsive. He injects alot of energy into a round.

Craig in an APC rush, just because

Ounin as squad lead when on foot, any of the capguys really because they never use cheap shots.

DocRabbit when tanking in pairs

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Bigteef, he has become fucking hilarious

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah obviously Teef anytime, especially if I have been drinking.

11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I love having Hobbes as the Commander as well. You always have to stay on alert with him commanding because one wrong move and he will end up costing you the round, or the NF CV will end up upside down on top of the BE rax. Which I never get angry about because its Hobbes.

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I don't drink, ever.
    All the cocaine has been salt this entire time.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hobbes, with craig to babysit him.

A rewarding experience is a scrim with paradox and spike on your team, of course with craig again to babysit spike.

14. BroT

BroT Member

Hobbes as com

A squad with yusundur, ducktaped, a-z-k and paradox is always fun.

But there are many other players also giving me fun rounds of empires.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't think I've ever actually been this offended at my lack of mention. I'm not even joking here, I feel actually hurt. I'm talking about you Predator.

Generally speaking, I'll join if a few EPICs are playing and EPIC server is populated. This hasn't happened whilst I've been playing before the patch, so I'm really hoping I might finally get to play whilst I'm not in the country, due to the player boost we've had.

I'll second what Predator said. PRKL squad has the best pub teamwork of any squad by a country mile, and Mahtipakarat is just the greatest pub commander to play under, or even play on the same team as if he's not commanding. I'll always go out of my way to join if he's playing.

In terms of rivalry, I enjoy commanding against FN. There used to be a lot of animosity between us, but I think (FN could disagree) that we generally don't mind eachother as much now. There might be newer rivalries between players now, but I've been around in Empires for 5 years, and my rivalry with FN goes back for most of that, through so many different "eras" of Empires. Commanding against him now gives me enjoyable little hits of nostalgia.

16. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I would have to say Trickster, Teef, Empty and Hobbes are the big ones. They all each have their unique presence that can't be match by anyone else.

Posthumous can be a right riot when he's busy exploiting every single thing possible.

All the Jolly Penis Lovers are hilarious and can make a boring round into a great one.

I like talking to w00kie while playing, he always gives me a laugh.

Security is a fun one to banter with in the caek squird, and a fun one to play revive engy for.

The EPICs in general are fun to play with if my main intent is winning.

I honestly know I'm missing a *lot* of people, but those are off the top of my head from a quick browsing of my friends list.

17. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I've always have fun playing with Corpse, Lamer, Mayama, and Ounin. Corpse, Lamer, and Mayama are fun to lolz around with, and Ounin actually brings teamwork to most pub matches. I have fun playing with Nash as well, but he doesn't play that much anymore :(. Recently, Neoony, Nostalgic, and Security are fun to play with and against too. I like to spring for revive engie with HastcheWas, because he's the only rifleman/grenadier I can trust to keep me alive (sorry Security).

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Looking at the people ACTUALLY playing I would say security, corpse, predator, hexi, nostalgic and commi are most fun cause I like to play with or against good players that dont take it that hard if you kill them or are starting to get arrogant if they kill you. As comms? Lord DZ.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

holy shit

20. OuNin

OuNin Member

lamer is a fav