what is wrong with scout?

Discussion in 'General' started by the_wizard_speculese, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Remove the Scout and put a Medic, rid Engineer of healing and reviving, and make him and expertise pistol wielder (strong, large pistol, etc, Desert Eagle equilevant). :P

EDIT: You could also give him a special syringe as secondary weapon, that like, uses morphine to heal teammates, and a Bio-toxin to kill enemies that does damage over time.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  2. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

Give the scout the old 1.00 rifle back.

3. Slithzerikai

No, remove the rifle and give him SMGs, or an alternative, NOT long range weapon... By the way, wasn't he going to get a shotgun?

4. Sunny

Sunny Member

Hello

hi, this is my 1st post so i'll try my best not to be stupid.

It's probably just me that thinks this, but i kind of see the scout rifle like the AWP in Counterstrike. Although many people are very keen on it, most people hate it because of its easy mastery and the fact that it its a one shot kill. Most experienced players (or maybe just me) dont use it on the principal that it ruins gameplay and is not very team orientated, if your team do a rush and you go and snipe by yourself it is a bit lame.

I think this applies in someway to empiresmod, as the scout rifle, not the scout, is not a weapon loved by the majority, nor is it a very good weapon, in terms of teamwork.

I would say that the other scout abilities can be very useful for teamplay in terms of support for arty, and it is possible to get a lot of kills just with the hide skill and smg 3.

So what i am trying to say is that since empires is all about teamwork, perhaps we would all do better without it...

I could be wrong, but it's just my thoughts on the matter.

-Sunny

5. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Congratulations. Your first post was intelligent. :D

What you said there is really the main argument against a sniper rifle. It does not lend itself to Empires' style and speed of gameplay. The main argument for the sniper rifle seems to be, "Nuh uhhh!" or, "But I like shooting people, lol!"

6. Jn.

Jn. Member

All I want is for a SCOUT to not camp all the time and want to get kills. scouts should be constantly mobile, that's why I suggested a permanent speed upgrade a while back, and as soon as some awesome new abilities are created, the rifle can be taken away :)

edit: fox I agree. The only argument I've seen for the rifle is "like zomg you sux cuz you stand in one spot n00b." Well, no one stands in one spot. It's really easy to shoot someone while they're running. Point click wow real hard. Right now, all people want are kills, when they should be getting rank points for objectives and skills. I really hope the devs make some kickass skills for scouts. Oh yeah, and to the kid who started this post, the devs made the scout rifle terrible on beta 1, but to immense whining they made it a lot better, but now we have realized that it wasn't such a great idea. Words straight from krenzo saying they never intended for there to be an uber sniper. So they really didn't put one in the game. Read posts kid.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  7. Slithzerikai

Remove the rifle altogether I say, if they tweek it to be worse they'll be getting the whinetrack out again, I think a shotgun is a good idea, they can't stay in one spot then because they'll have to try and get close for their one hit kills.

8. Ganks

Ganks Banned

I dunno... Snipers dont have the purpose they had in tribes anymore. In tribes snipers were pretty balanced and if a sniper went up against someone skilled in a discer with some grenades, gren launcher and a plasma then the sniper would get his/her arse kicked unless you could use a sniper rifle/laser rifle at close range which only very skilled snipers could. This is the type of balancing we need... otherwise just get rid of it altogether. When Valve added AWPs and AutoSniper rifles they pretty much destroyed Counterstrike if you ask me. Good thing that servers restrict them or wed be in trouble as CS/S gamers. Lets try not to get ourselves in that situation.

9. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Talus: It was a fellow named Gooseman and his team who made Counter-Strike in the first place, it happened in gods year 1999. Valve never added AWPs or AutoSniper... Give some credit of the game to those who originally made it dammit.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I just don't get what is wrong with the 'sniper' ranged rifle. seriously!
    I've explained so many times how it does add balance to the game and is NOT overpowered against anyone but a noob unused to the game -OR- people on their own, out of cover.

HERE is a diagram:

1---------------------------------!..............!___________2

1 being the scout,
    - being where the scout rifle is unusable
    . being where the scoutrifle is usable and other weapons are not
    _ being where normal weapons are generally much better than the scout rifle.
    2 is the enemy.

CLOSE HIM DOWN! KILL HIM. quick. easy. effective.
    don't go in the open, stick with a team.
    the rifle has uses that it shouldn't do, such as being an effective railgun in close combat at times, especially if you are good with the wep but on a role.

i should just add this to my sig. it takes long enough to type out.

11. SniperJP02

SniperJP02 Member

Well something I just thought of I'd like to add... I honestly think the Scout is one of the few things keeping Engineers from being even more leet. As it is early game they are the only people keeping an Engineer from advancing straight to the enemy's base. And on maps with choke points like canyon and crossroads they are the only ones able to stop the Engineers who reach there first.

12. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

See NOT a sniper rifle a sniper rifles diagram would be like this

1______----------------------------=======2=======

1 sniper
    __ the area the sniper gets pawned
    -- the area were the sniper pawns u
    2 u
    == the area were were u run like a pussy dodging bullets untill u get to -- and get picked off

This is going off on if the sniper was experienced and the pawned one couldnt find good enough cover other wise its more like this

1__________2___=======================

Big difference between noob sniper and experienced sniper and the only thing that can counter a experienced sniper is a tank because an experience sniper would move his ass if u got to ____

13. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

RIFLEMEN GODDAMMIT!

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

Exactly what I thought when I read that. If someone has come to believe that a scout is the most effective at killing infantry, there is definetly something wrong.

15. Slithzerikai

He sure is best at (when equal skill, 100%) killing Engineers and Grenadiers and (when equal skill, 50%) killing Riflemen. I say remove the Scout Rifle completely, permanently, and as soon as possible. I want to start having fun on Empires again.

16. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

i hate scout it is worthless and we all know it we can spot a vehical in any class or a building

lol nice sig

17. Blitz

Blitz Member

i might be flamed for this but i only use the scout class for sniping. Now the scouts rifle isnt a good sniper rifle but it can do the job.

and yes i do play other rolls im quite fond of the riflemen but when it comes to fights in a large area the scouts gun is a very nice tool

18. Slithzerikai

Blitz, if you use the Scout Rifle for sniping only then you are basically an Empires beta exploiter.

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Catch T3h SPl0it3r!!!!

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

Blitz=mike?