What is "8 mining?"

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Mr Pling, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

That's why you got to go for the flip rather than kill. Also, its much more amusing.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Cause we all love the lulz in emp.

3. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Yes. Yes we do.

4. Bass

Bass Member

I still miss destroying the barracks, VF, and Radar within one 9-mine run.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Yeah...some things were nerfed that didn't need to be :c

/me remembers 8mining himself, proning on the mines, then shooting the enemy comm.

6. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I do not :)

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

lol
    Just place the 8 mines right outside the barracks and start mowtaring everything. Someone will run out and blwo them up.

8. Killersteel

Killersteel Member

Ah, 8 mining...the legendary griefing method. I remember seeing a clan grief their comm by 9 mining it and blowing it away into the water on emp_island xD, hilarious times.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You mean this?

10. o_O

o_O Member

LOL, nice video actually.

Ah the good old days, when mines + vehicle = aircraft and a 3 phase engine was the ultimate weapon.

11. Killersteel

Killersteel Member

So many memories come and gone with 2.1...:'(.

Anyway, to fully explain "8 mining", it's this.

You stack 8 mines, run away, usually the 8 mines are in some enemy building or unprotected area, then you throw ANOTHER mine, which detonates the 8 mine stack, usually resulting in massive carnage and overall chaos in the hearts of the enemy. Place under your own CV for hilarious flame, or place under the enemy CV for MORE hilarious flame, only your team praises you xD.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Or place under an APC on canyon or some crap, and blow it atop the hill.

13. Mashav

Mashav Member

Thats not 8 mining. That's 9 mining.

14. Killersteel

Killersteel Member

8 mining in that case would be some noob stepping on 8 mines :P, or some driver driving over it.

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

For the last time.

9 mining:

You place 8 mines within a certain proximity from other mines so they will detonate each other by the chain reaction effect.

You place 9th mine which removes the first mine with detonation. This first mine's detonation detonates the other mines as well.

Thus you get massive explosion which throws vehicles over long distances in the air.

The more you stack mines the bigger the explosion. (You can't 9 mine anymore because this method was used to grief friendly units which normally don't detonate friendly mines.)

8 mining:

1: You place 8 mines near a parked vehicle and move further away. You either melee the vehicle with pistol or you fire a missile or mortar or do whatever to apply force to the vehicle, thus moving it.

All those 8 mines detonate at the same time because they detect the enemy vehicle's movement at the same time thus causing a massive explosion which throws the target vehicle high in the air.

2: You stack 8 mines on top of each other and wish that some enemy vehicle drives over them without defusal. When the vehicle comes within certain range from the mines, they all detonate at the same time because of the chain reaction and because of the fact that all 8 mines notice the enemy vehicle exactly at the same moment thus throwing the enemy vehicle again high in the air.

(8 mining doesn't work on friendly units because you can't self-detonate the mines anymore and friendly units don't detonate mines on their own so you need a cooperative player from enemy team to slip through enemy fire in order to detonate those mines to cause havoc on your own team's vehicles with the same team's mines. Which will most likely not happen ever.)

There.

Point made clear.