What in the world were you thinking with this "up"date

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Staplergun, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

Ok, empires is supposed to be a mix between an FPS and a RTS.

If you want to have such short range weapons, atleast allow research for upgrading bullet caliber for longer range shooting.

It's kind of pointless if a long range weapon (scout rifle) can't even kill someone when you shoot them blatently in the eyeball.
    And don't tell me scout is useless.
    [​IMG]
    look at the ticket count and tell me that's useless. Camp on a hill a long way away and shoot them from a distance.

Take a scout in with a rifleman for cover, a grenadier to kill the buildings AFTER being sabbed, and an engineer to build a new base afterwards.

Also, don't say riflemans better. It takes more skill to shoot at a guy running around like a jackrabbit on crack ONCE in the HEAD without MISSING especially on a horrible engine that dupes you out of shots because the hitbox sucks so bad.
    Oh I'm pro because I can run into a room with a fully automatic weapon and kill a guy. Woo.
    Also lets make the scout rifle even more useless, lower damage, higher fire rate. It's a LONG RANGE WEAPON. It has to SCOPE. it takes just as long to scope anyways, so the firerate was a pointless idea. The intention of the scope was to SHOOT FAR AWAY. The sniper rifle is now basically a heavy rifle with a scope. Entirely pointless? (as in, NOW pointless).

Also, vehicle handling sucks.

That and you can run around in an open field and live under fire, because bullets do so little damage.

You took a game designed to have large open maps, and gave it short range weapons. Lol.

"Hey!! How's the view on the other cliff?? *pew pew* oh damn I can't hit him. Let me run for 15 minutes so I can go kill him and then fail at it because bullets are so horrible, I can shoot a guy in the eye and he walks away with a bullet lodged in his brain like superman or something."

Woo. Also, wtf is with grenadiers? Not everyone uses it, and a grenadier being better than a guy WITH a automatic weapon? What?

Let's entirely lug around a 60-70 pound mortar that doubles as a rocket launcher, bunnyhop like it's CS 1.6, and shoot the thing with perfect accuracy.

2. Empty

Empty Member

And another agrees and another agrees, another one agrees with us.

3. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

they don't care, we already complained during testing.

4. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

Just had to let it out.

Sorry about earlier I was getting pissed HSM.

Oh don't forget, a lot of the good players just decided it's not worth the time to play until the game either reverts or a lot of the old things come back.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Well I've playtested with the guns, and I don't like it, playing in a non-tester match is just like a tester match, except it's not organised, and there's less noobs.

6. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

I must counter the statement about scouts being overpowered on large maps, you can't see that far due to source engine limitations, let alone can you barely shoot them in the face unless you know what you're doing.

Now that the scout rifle is the last weapon on the list and the scout is also last on the list, it should see better use. You just haven't seen a scout used correctly, or in a worthwhile manner to make it look decent.

7. Demented

Demented Member

Surely you mis-typed!

Surely?

8. Empty

Empty Member

Lol no.

I swear, some of the testers... I'm unsure how they figured out how to use tortoiseSVN

9. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

Let's have the game tested by a close group of friends who mostly agree with whatever you feel to put, ignore the people's word, and put everything against what the actual players want.

10. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Yes, after driving around for a while, I realized that there was alot more fps lag. in 2.1, I never lagged from too much vehicles. In 2.2, I looked and 3 tanks and got a huge lag spike.

I've decided until 2.2 becomes less gay, I'm playing 2.1.

I hope taco doesn't switch over

11. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

I think I lost the installer for the original 2.1 and 2.12 hotfix.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

redownload, I have a link if you want it

13. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

PM it to me

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Heaven forbid the dev team get people they trust to test the alpha version of the next release.

I see you had no intention of helping or suggesting or anything to do with empires except enjoy it up to this point. STFU and don't complain. It's very nice that you join the forums only when something doesn't go your way, instead of trying to support the mod the whole time that you play it, and keeping yourself up to date with it's progress.

This has been 4 months in testing, and now, at the very end, after they opening discussed how things would work, you decide to open up and complain. That's bullshit. IMO.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  15. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

That's all fine and dandy, but what about a test session for the general public.

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's what this is.

17. Staplergun

Staplergun Member

K. We'll see how well the public gets listened to.

18. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

This community seems to be especially angry and unhelpful.

Give 2.2 more time, there were things that sucked in 2.12 as well. I just left a game that had nukes in it, and they were much improved (especially when on the receiving end). Also, the NFAR is just fine, and the SMG's are practically the same. The BE carbine is a little strange, but I guess its good for long range when you have more time to fire.

Also, the tank research looks real exciting. Meds and arties might be on the field at the same time (gasp), and heavies are so expensive they must be meant as turtleshell-busters, like Arty used to be.

Also, you may like sniping, but we don't like being sniped, or having snipers on our teams no matter how leetsauce they are. They dont fit with the idea of the game, and the rifle pulls from the power of the scout, which is to sab (although now, with the increased refire rate, it may be more usable close range).

/nonrage

19. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

2.2 for me,is like cutting off someones legs and then forceing them to run.I mean only a the carbine has any real power and range,but the person has to be running at you or standing still,plus they have to be dumb enough to absorb 3 shots and not take cover or change directions.I miss the utility and power of the old AR,the abilty to kill someone without stopping bullets like superman and makeing people think more strategically about their next action,instead of blind impulses that you still manage to survive.Aside from Inf. weapons changes ,I however, approve of 2.2.(THAT CAMEO IS KOOOL!!!!!!!)-Comrade Taco

20. Empty

Empty Member

They didn't openly say that there would be damage falloff to this degree on weapons, they didn't say everything would shoot three times slower, they didn't let him playtest, how was he supposed to complain about something he didn't know about?