What are you wearing?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zachtos, May 17, 2006.

1. zachtos

zachtos Member

2 suggestions:

1. we need to know what armor and engine are in our current tanks. this is especially important for commander dropped tanks. How can I expect to do well if I have no idea what the armor is suited for or what cooling/accelleration to expect ?! It's guesswork, And NO, you should not have to ask what it is, just print it onscreen somewhere.

2. have grenadier armor spotting ability reveal what the enemy is using for armor on his tank, so you can use the appropriate counter.

2. Jimather

Jimather Member

i have no problems with the first idea,

the second is a bit too much like a scouts job to give to a grenadier i feel. It would make the armor detection upgrade too powerful by allowing a grenadier to spy on the enemy teams armor research for his team.

When the scouts get cameras and radars (i hope), they should have a surveillance rank upgrade that displays the health or class of a unit and the armor type of a tank along with the orange diamond. wahey more stuff for mr scout to do.

if the devs dont want to give the cams to scouts, then maybe the surveillance upgrade should go to engineer. not so wahey.

3. Chew

Chew Member

Engineers already do too much, too well if you ask me .

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I like both ideas a lot tbh, I find the armor spotting a bit useless atm, should definitly give a lot more info about the tanks armor (like maybe even the plates)

edit: i will add this soonish to the organize stuff thread, if nobody else does

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Or just buff armour detection ability to include armour type :)

6. Jimather

Jimather Member

like i said, that gives the grenadier a spying ability and that is a job for the scout..

7. FalconX

FalconX Developer

As a grenadier, all you need to know in a firefight is which side to shoot. It's better to shoot a side with 1 armor plate than a side with 5, regardless of what the armor type is.

8. Atlas

Atlas Member

Grenadier doesn't need to know what armor type is on the tank while using the RPG/Mortar. It would be a great idea for the scout though. That way, when another dude makes a tank he can use something to counter it.

What would also help this little problem is having different effects for each weapon, right now you can't tell the difference between an HE Cannon and Regular cannon, or Nuke from regular missile other than by its damage.

9. dizzyone

when facing one tank all you need to know is idd only the amount of plates.

But as how I see it, the armor spotting skill of the grenadier becomes usefull when you are facing multiple tanks, since when you're just facing one, only thing you can do is shoot it anyway

So I think adding the kind of armor to the armor spotting skill will make the skill a lot more usefull since you can see which of the tanks has the weakest armor, when facing 3 or 4 tanks, its hard to choose, not with this.
    Alsowhen you are facing lets say one medium tank and a heavy, the grenadier would probly go for the medium tank, but what if the heavy tank has plain armor and standard engine? youd rather want to shoot him if you knew that.

Lots of ways where this would be very helpfull in determining which tank to shoot and where

10. Jn.

Jn. Member

I am wearing a pink thong and a frilly bra if you are so inclined to know zachtos. I am also a man...........:(

11. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The grenadier already has the ability, this is just making it not pointless.

12. Jimather

Jimather Member

knowing the health percentage of one tanks armour and what armor types a team has access to, are two very different things.

13. dizzyone

yes but not dramaticly different, when an arty is in play you know he has arty, when a tank still drives perfectly after shooting 8/10 cannon shots or being hit pretty badly, you know he has biodiesel engine. I dont think I have to explain weapons and turrets.

The only thing that isnt obivous when researched is stuff that isnt used and most armor (except composite) and most engines. But this is just a detail. Better armor comes in play very soon, and in 10 mins you can have different kinds of armor already, this should be something for the grenadier not scout, a scout might get something that can examine tanks and tell you what stuff is researched and used by that tank, but it isnt usefull in a battle with multiple tanks.
    A scout telling you they have reactive, absorbant and composite is a nice warning, but a grenadier not knowing they have composite and only seeing 2 tanks with absorbant and one with reactive is much more usefull for him

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

This does make sense, but in my opinion it would make fighting the tanks too easy.

However I don't think the skill is pointless at all. I get it every time I go grenadier to be anti-tank, for 2 reasons. It's nice, if you can move to a good position, to be able to see the armor side that you're teammates have already damaged, and also it makes keeping track of where you're rockets hit much easier.

15. Jimather

Jimather Member

so, telling a grenadier what armor types are on the 3-4 tanks facing him are goinna let him rape them ? i dont think so.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What if the scout could spot different armour types with his binoculars and have that info stay above the tank. maybe the scout could have a notebook and each tank (which has automatically been classified (afv-1, mtank-5, etc.)) can been described to the team, and all targets can be described. that sounds complicated
    eg. scout sees a tank, finds out its loadout (armour, engine, weapons) and that tank gets classified as afv-1 lets say. the scout can then notify the central radar (if it exists at the time) and all of the team will be able to see the load out of that tank.
    This might be too powerful or cumbersome, but it's a neat idea, let's the Scout scout, and aids teamwork. All good things

17. zachtos

zachtos Member

Sorry I didn't specify more.
    THE IMPORTANT point was to make sure we know what is in our OWN commander dropped tanks.

[/u]-the grenadier ability would be most useful in tank to tank combat. [/u]

example: enemytank armor front =73% - absorbant. Well now my heavy tank has uranium mg, nuke missle and rail gun. I will open fire w/ a nuke because the absorbant armor is strong to rail guns/cannons.
    ex: 73% - composite, i will fire w/ standard fast firing cannons to widdle down this armor.