What about... like.... youtube tutorial videos?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Buttery Lobster, Jul 30, 2008.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

The in-game tutorial has been shot down again and again, but i know some other mods have made youtube tutorials. That couldn't hurt, could it?

I'm thinking:

How to spawn, get ammoz, what buildings are what, etc.

Class Descriptions and function (without actually straight out SAYING that scouts suck. More like something subtle "It takes a great deal of skill to play scouts effectively, bla bla bla.")

Squads and squad powers

Building tanks and drivin' em.

Commanding omg

2. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I've been working on it for a while. I'm currently following the format of the Empires help manual (which nobody reads). The problem is, I don't know what kinds of changes will be implemented for 2.2, so I going to hold of release until that patch comes out.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

The in-game tutorial wasn't really shot down. We had some people working on a map, but it never really got done. Anyway, yeah seems like a good idea.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERY CSS SNIPER WOULD THINK IM THE GUY WITH THE SKILL... :pathetic:

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

6. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

The problem is I don't play any source shoot games other than Fortress Forever (I occasionally play sniper), so I'm used to the HL1 engine and its "more accurate" hitboxes. No ex_interp 0.05 ftl!

An in-game tutorial would be more effective for building up stuff, but the videos are effective too. Whenever someone comes in the game asking I'm new what do I do, I tell them this isn't counter-strike, and tell them to read the manual that came with the game. Like seriously, the pretty manual you guys supplied helped me, its amazing enough already, its just people are too lazy to read it, and go in playing thinking its another game like Counter-Strike.

The only game on either engine I could think would be closest to Emp would be Natural Selection on the HL1 engine (BTW its a cool game, pretty much Empires but marines vs. aliens)