Weird error after downloading the Empires 2.0 Client.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jack Antonio, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Jack Antonio

Jack Antonio Member

So, I downloaded Empires 2.0 from the Empires League mirror. I know it recommended Torrent, but that goes way too slow.

Anyway, I get it all the way downloaded, took me 2 hours to get it, but hey it's Empires :)

So, I click run for the .exe and I get an error:

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
    This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch
    (NOT RECOMMENDED).

I do have a virus and spyware scanner (Charter High Speed Security Suite) and I do scans regularly and it scans automatically and gives me a readout of anything found. Recently I have not detected anything suspicious or any malicious software on my computer.

Sorry to bother you if this is easily fixed, but I am not really a huge computer wiz, so I figured you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It sounds like you're going to have to download it again. Might be best from a different mirror this time =o

3. Jack Antonio

Jack Antonio Member

Well, I noticed that the file size changed, from about 660 to 752. Could it just be that it was changed while I was downloading and the server screwed up?

Anyway, thanks for your help, hopefully I will be able to play tommorow. I got really excited today, but oh well, maybe I will see you on sometime. :)

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Your download stopped before it was finished. You could have used a download manager like GetRight to finish the download.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Torrent it, faster.

Krenzo, you might want to put an MD5 hash of the installer so people can be sure they have the right installer.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

I had the same problem, and yes it's because the download stopped, probably because of your isp since i'm fairly certain that the mirrors are stable.

In my case i reached my max download limit while i was at about 600 MB, and my isp lowered bandwidth from 2 mbps to 10-20 kbps. This was too slow to maintain the connection and the download stopped. I thought it was completed and when i opened it i had the same error as you. Redownloading it solved the problem (after paying 3 euros to get an extra 3 gb download traffic to use).

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

poor Belgian folk! :P

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Telenet = fail
    Somebody should start a fair ISP company that doesn't spams you with phonecalls.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well Belgacom has this ADSL2 technology now, you got 60gigs (max is 100gigs) at 20mbps down and 768kb down for like 40 €, but it's only for ppl that have a Belgaom telephone line D:

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Getdownload was a terrible piece of software from my experience. I hope there's something better out there.