Weapons Test Maps

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by The Buttery Lobster, May 14, 2006.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

If the guns aren't the same, which APPARENTLY they aren't (that's what i was told, idk for sure) then perhaps a few empty levels could be put into rotation on the official server which basically pits infantry against each other, for purposes of testing. I know CS (omg he's talking about CS teh nub) has some levels that are essentially big open spaces with sparse cover that boil down to gun against gun.

I'm not talking a regular rotation, just, like, when the devs or admins or whatever are on. Or is that what you do in Alpha? I don't really know. I'd play those maps, at least for a little bit, esp. if the feedback was useful.

Basically this idea stems from the complaint (however biased) that the NF weapons are worse off somehow then the Bren weapons.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

You can compare the scripts to see for yourself and the weapons should perform according to the values in there. No need to see how they do in game.

You ofcourse have to test the result of changes and see if the effects are statisfactory (especially recoil), but that can be done on any map.