Weapon Option Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Edgewise, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Member

I think weapon options should change a bit for certain classes.

Grenadiers... the term originally was lent to a class of soldier who carried grenades. I think they should have the option of using explosivegrenades instead of mines. They also are the only class that does not get an automatic weapon option, but this is offset by their ability to fight vehicles to an extent.

Engineers... typically, explosives and defences are their venue. Letting them take mines as an option instead of siesmic grenades would be good imo.

Scouts... Give them option for the heavy rifle riflemen can use.

Rifleman... A decent but unspecialized class, I'd give them a second grenade slot so they can carry a second type of grenade.

Anyhow, just some ideas, feel free to trash them

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

giving engineers mines would be way too overpowered imo, if not overpowered tank battles would me more like dodge the mine battles.

Seriously I feel like killing you now for coming up with something like that >:[

3. zadarblack

zadarblack Member

hahaha

mine should be limited to 4 or less hehe

and only disapear if you build more this way no more 10 mine killing exploit trick hahaha

but yeah its would be nice to have more gun/thing to choose from for each class anyway its would be made :)

4. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Make engy's anti vehicle more so than they already are? No thanks :p

5. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Give mines to engineer, and limit it to 0! Then if the Engie drops a mine, it ss-plooodes in his face!

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it looks nice on first glance, but basically, you make all classes get a foothold in other classes there skills

ok, acceptable
    if they woud get special very strong granades i woud agree
    this woud not be good, engineers are the most chosen class (shoud be)
    if you woud give them mines then the whole battlefield woud be full of mines, and the engineer is a non combat class, it has a gun for personal defence, mines are too mutch combat

scouts need to be fast and agile, giving them a heavy rifle woud totally not fit

riflemen are specialized in killing, alot in a short time
    allthoug i can see why you want another granade slot, acceptable

well trash them allright!

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

scouts should be infiltration and recon. Not snipers as they currently are. Should also be the class to build camera/radar.

Engineer should be renamed support.

Grenadier renamed to anti tank/armour

Riflemen wouldn't need much done if the snipet rifle was removed.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Member

Currently, Scouts often are snipers. In the US military, they're called scout-snipers and usually operate in 2 man teams. I think their current sniper rifle honestly is underpowered at longer ranges. I understand a desire to maintain play balance, but I don't think giving them the option for the heavy rifle which seems to fire slightly faster but is unscoped would be hugely unbalancing, but perhaps you see something I don't. I do kinda like the idea of them being the clas to build camera/radar emplacements, that makes alot of sense.

As for the comment that engineers would be too powerful with mines, you might be right. They probably are overall the most powerful class atm.

Riflemen getting second grenade slot I think makes sense because infantry typically carry alot of grenades and of different types. Make it flash grenades or smoke or maybe an option for either. Don't think it would be overpowering, but would imo make them slightly better. There are only a few maps where I see riflemen picked more than 2-3 out of 10 times, so I think they could use a slight boost.

Grenadiers I don't think would need a special more powerful grenade. I think the existing grenades used by riflemen would be fine as an option to take in place of mines that would make the class a little more flexable without making them overpowered. And seriously, they are grenadiers... they should be able to use grenades.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

name means nothing, you fool. look at what ^dee^ has said.

also, the ability of scouts to be the ones to make Camra is a good idea,
    also, (if selected in options/ hotkeyed) the scout could have an image of what the camra sees where the radar is, and this can be turned back into radar again by pressing the hotkey again. holding the hot key for more than a second and moving the mouse would move the camra view.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

not the scout but the commander shoud be able to do this