Weapon Idea?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Carrigage, May 19, 2006.

1. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Well hello everyone!
    I'm new, and this is my first post here, and I figured I could introduce myself being a Concept Artist and show this Sniper Rifle Idea I wanted for Empires.

Me and my mate were discussing if we were going to replace the current Scoped Rifle with my concept weapon, but we realized that the Scoped Rifle isn't really a Sniper Rifle, and thus my concept weapon wouldn't quite fit in as the Scout Rifle.

Therefore my suggestion would be that a weapon similar to this could be implemented in the game somehow, which I of course doubt it will be, but at least it's worth a shot, right?

And I've also got a message for the Empires Crew, that if they'd ever need a talented Concept artist, I'm very much available right now, and for quite some time ahead aswell.
    Most mod's have declined me because I use MS-Paint to draw my concepts.
    (In rare cases I use Paint Shop Pro to implement details, colours or certain shadings in my concepts, aswell as background images.)
    But for most of the time, I only use MS-Paint, because I enjoy drawing Pixel-by-pixel, it's a hobby of mine.
    Even though MS-Paint would appear to be one of the worst programs ever to use for drawing anything looking good, I'm quite talented and experienced with that sort of programs, and I can work very fast, and draw practically anything required.

(Mostly weapons though, 'cause they give me great freedom, and I dont know much about anything else, such as vehicles and larger installations/structures.).

Anyway, this is my contribution to the Suggestions Forum, and alot of people would love to see something like this added to Empires.

Oh, and on a sidenote, I have no idea if a 'Sniper Class' has ever been discussed before.

The concept below isn't 100% Finished, and could use some better shading and detailing at some places, but I'll fix that if this concept will ever be used for anything, if not, I might finish it only because I don't have anything else to do.

[​IMG]

2. FalconX

FalconX Developer

There won't be any sniper class or rifle in Empires.

Interesting artwork though.

3. Artemas Ward

Artemas Ward Member

Your sniper rifle is very pretty and I like it. But, it looks far too heavy for a useable weapon, as well as having a much too short barrel.

And, as was said above, there are no snipers in Empires.

4. Zairair

Zairair Member

How the fuck do you hold that thing against your shoulders? (without snapping your wrists)

5. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

The grip look kinda like a P90
    and the sniper class/scout has been shot down by devs millions of times

6. zachtos

zachtos Member

I like that we arent going to have a sniper class, It's quite annoying but most players really do want that added.

I can't believe you still draw in paint! that's for poor people that are untrained in new softwares. I'm sorry, but you really do need to stop using that prehistoric software if you want to be taken seriously. The results that it can give are just not good enough for implementation. It's fine for rough sketches though.

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Pixel art is still a respected form of computer art, popular back in the days of sprites.

8. Jimather

Jimather Member

it looks amazing for something done in paint.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

why not just the scope?

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

i think it would look better in black

11. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

NF runs around with .50 calibre firearms:p

It looks good altough I dont like the exess use of aluminium on it...

12. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I like it.
    I did some Concept in MSPaint making an XM8 Bullpup(PM me if you want to see, I think it's quite good.) to fit the role of CS:S's FAMAS and AUG for a model pack I requested, but I never thought anyone would use it for something as serious as Concept art, I just threw mine togeather to give an idea to the modeler who was going to work on it.
    But reduce the Scope Zoom and maybe change caliburs and you'd have a nice replacement for the Ranged Rifle to satisfy those who want a Ranged Burst Rifle to replace the Scout 'Sniping' Rifle.

But, tighten up that gap between the Foregrip and reciver, it's not going to need a space to reduce recoil like the .50 Calibur anti-matieral rifles.

Would be cool to have a model change for weapon silencer though :D

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Amazing work if it is done in paint, good stuff.

14. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Maybe you should reconsider.

I finished the concept just for you, and I only used MS-Paint, and I'd love to see you claim that I cant be taken seriously with this concept...

Edit: Its 99% Done in MS-Paint, I just realized that part of the matherials was used from an old PSP Texture I made for my Concepts.
    I used the texture from an old concept, and added it to the weapon in MS-Paint.

Only time I ever use PSP is to make difficult textures thats hard to make in MS-Paint, and then I add them to the concepts through MS-Paint.

The PSP part is the back of the gun, its shaded which I couldnt do in MS-Paint, so I took the texture I made in MS-Paint and shaded it in PSP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

whats the bottom bit for?

EDIT: i meant under the muzzel (spleling)

16. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

You mean the Lower Barrel?
    There's 2 barrels, cause there's 2 different kinds of ammo in the weapon.
    THere's the top SMG Clip and the bottom AR Magazine.

17. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

Make it a bullpup weapon (i think thats what its called when the magazine is behind the trigger group) so that you can get a full size barrel in there for better accuracy. Take out one of the ammo types though, i think it would be too overpowered if it could fill the role of both AR and SMG. Now an underbarre shoutgun would be nice! :p Other than the things i pointed out it looks great.

18. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Carrigage - 1. A sniper/smg weapon would be too powerfull
    2. I'm a bit of a pencil weapon designer, would you be able to render some if i sent them? I've wanted to put some weapon designs up for this for some time and i'm crap at using paint/photoshop etc

19. Jn.

Jn. Member

I like this concept, but I think it should be made in to an assault rifle type of weapon. Not a sniper. This could replace one of the BE's assault rifles.

20. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

1. It's a Sniper Rifle design with an integrated SMG for tactical close combat defense.
    It's only a design. Allow me to show you these AR and SMG Versions.

2. Render some? If you mean to redraw them, colour and shade them and send them back to you as MS-Paint drawn weapons, then sure.
    Normally I'd charge you for that, but I'm not in need of money right now, and I have nothing better to do for a few days.

-If thats not what you mean, then please specify your request, or add me on MSN Messenger and we can talk: mephmage@hotmail.com

[​IMG]