Weapon Firemode Switcher, and MOAR weapon ideas.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Binboy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Binboy

Binboy Member

Just some ideas for weapons to switch weapon fire. (burst fire/ full auto etc)
    I think without removing the Ironsights, I say hold down use key then the press your fire key, there should be a HUD indicator on what type of attack you're doing, if the modellers are very good, you guys could add in what firemode you're using on the BE guns. For the NF guns, you have to read your hud.

Brenodi weapons -

BE AR - Full Auto / Semi Auto

BE AR2 - Full Auto / Clip Emptier (Clip Emptier is a new type of fire type, your weapon will fire 2-3x faster, 45% less accurate, higher recoil, uncontrollable; meaning that once you start shooting, it will NOT stop till you're out or basically a huge spray and pray for quick short range kill.)

BE HMG - Full Auto / Burst Fire
    Small suggestion please increase BE HMG Rate of Fire to 1200 RPM (MG42)

BE Pistol 2 - Full Auto (uses 1 bullet per shot) / Slug shot (Power shot eats up like 1/5 of total clip ammo per shot like the old deagle pistol2)

BE RPG - Single Rocket (current) / Multi-Homing Rockets ( Homes onto Tanks (Warning requires Pro coding Skills and Proness ) When you fire you will fire 4 rockets dealing 1/3 of the damage of a single rocket. It will home onto a or even multiple hostile tanks, once fired the rockets will spread out attacking the multiple tanks. If there are 4 tanks automatically the rockets will spread and attack 1 each, if there are more it's basically attack the closes tanks so it's basically spread the hurt. )

BE SMG1 - Full Auto / Burst Fire / Semi Auto

BE SMG2 - Full Auto / Burst Fire / Semi Auto

Northern Faction Weapons -

NF AR1 - Full Auto / Burst Fire / Semi Auto

NF AR2 - Semi Auto

NF HMG - Full Auto
    (Reduce attack speed to 250 RPM, but increase damage and it deals very low damage vs tanks (MUCH MUCH worse then DU))

NF Pistol 1 - Single shot / Slug mode (Use 6 bullets to deal a high damage accurate shot (Just the BE pistol2))

NF Pistol 2 / Shotty Pistol - Single shell / Double Shell (Fire both barrels at the same time)

NF SMG1 - Full Auto / Burst Fire / Semi Auto

NF SMG2 - Full Auto / Clip Emptier (MAC10!!!)

NF Mortar - Single Shell / Barrage (A NF ONLY upgrade, the comm has to upgrade before use. Barrage mode works as that if fired in 1 second the shell will break apartment into 6-7 mini shells which will spread and explode dealing small damage but within a huge area. Barrage doesn't work too will then again if you aim directly to the ground or to near by ground so it's basically used for long range only)

MOAR Weapon Ideas -

Give HMGs Prone Only Ironsights.
    Give Pistols Ironsights.
    Give SMGs Ironsights.
    Give RPG launchers a high-tech scope/ironsight thing.
    Increase BE HMG Rate of Fire to 1200 RPM. (MG42 :D )
    Turn the NF HMG to a large caliber HMG, 250 RPM very high increase in damage.
    High-Tech Scout's Binoculars - Movement sensitive, anyone who doesn't crouch/prone will be sensed on the binocular's view. Which will be large green squares surrounding the movement. If Possible a mini screen zoom on the movement if the devs are great.
    Maybe remove melee from SMG/Pistol to enable ironsight, replace with a simple knife or something.

Perk/Upgrade Weapon Ideas -

Perks -
    Mini Scope (AR/SMG/HMG/Carbines (In another thread)) - After playing Raven shield I like abit of weapon customization so I think a perk for miniscope would do just nicely to most primary weapons (2.5x-3.5x Zoom), if the modellers arn't to busy with something else. I'm honestly sure a miniscope would prove useful for assault rifles or even SMGs.

Upgrade - (Comm Upgrades)
    Larger Clips - Increase Clip size for all primary weapons.
    10 shot weapons = now carries 14 shots
    30 shot weapons = now carries 36 shots
    35 shot weapons = now carries 40 shots
    40 shot weapons = now carries 50 shots
    75 shot weapons (NF HMG) = now carries 150 shots
    200 shot weapons (BE HMG) = now carries 300 shots

Stopping Power - All weapons that uses bullets increase damage by 10%

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

I have been whining about the none-existing firemode switcher for the burst rifle since it was first tested. I can't say I like all your ideas in the thread, but I think it's really, really stupid to have burst weapons which you have to hold down the trigger to complete the burst.

It doesn't seem like the devs thinks it got a that high priority right now.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Why do you want to remove the Carbines burst fire Binboy?

4. Binboy

Binboy Member

Oh I've made this suggestion just before I played the new patches (I only have the knowledge from version 2.12). But I admit after playing the new patch the carbine's burst fire is kind of bad, I don't mind the burst fire, but the way it is implemented I don't like that much but it's ok. As that you must hold the button for a full burst and yeah...

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

[10:56] <JEKOTIA|PARTYHAT> KaneTW: Any plans to fix the carbine during your code rewrite? Having to hold fire for a full burst instead of being able to just click is really damn stupid

Some time later...

[11:19] <KaneTW> JEKOTIA|PARTYHAT: I'll fix that for 2.25 wait a sec
    [11:19] <JEKOTIA|PARTYHAT> :D