Weapon Choice - Help the Newbies!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Demented, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Demented

Demented Member

In light of the new release and the resulting influx of new players, as well as the help/hint system and the various comments made regarding important things that new players need to know... Blah blah blah.

New players don't know that bullets don't hurt vehicles and buildings. They also don't know seismic grenades don't hurt vehicles.

Fortunately, they do seem to know that building an mg turret to fight a tank may be a bad idea... But whether that's because they know mg turrets don't shoot at tanks or because they don't know how to build a turret is only for me to guess.

Anyway,

We need a hint, or some indicator, that tells a player when they're not doing any damage to whatever it is they're shooting. Apparently the universal indicator of bullets that go 'plink plink' against solid metal is just not enough, and seismic grenades definitely don't give any hint at all.

You could say the newbs should read the manual, but if they did that we wouldn't have a hint system, now would we? (Then again, maybe I'm misinformed and we would have a hint system for some purpose other than to inform newbs of readily unavailable information.)

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Yea when I began the game I heard someone say something like "heavy machineguns can pierce vehicle armor" so I began to use the 50 cal mg to fight vehicles:.