Walls

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Opie, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Opie

Opie Member

About 80% of the bugs I have posted have turned out to be "features" or "wasn't used enough in game". Some things I have thought were features were later removed as bugs, so I am confused which is which.

For those who don't know walls consist of 4 quarters. If you build 1 solid wall it would look like this [ - - - - ] if you build 1 and 3/4ths wall its this [ - - - - ][-][-][-]

I have earlier reported a bug where u can continuously build 3/4ths walls without it counted against you allotted engi limit. My question however is [ - - - -] cost 50 res to build.... but [ - - - - ][-][-][-] also costs 50 res to build. You can build 7/4ths wall for the same cost as 4/4ths wall. I can see this as a huge bug where walls may come in to play, where a thrifty comm can save quite a bit of money (think building walls on emp_money, though somehow i never get that far). So bug or not? 7/4ths wall costing the same as 4/4ths

EDIT:|GNORE ME

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I always considered it as the full wall being what costs.

Can you build 4 quarter sections for no money?

3. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

Yes, if you build the [----][-][-][-] and then recycle the [----] part, do you get all the money back? I mean, it's already a bug that you can plant walls indefinitely that way, but if it's free I don't understand how they can ignore it.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why don't we just make the [-] cost (50/4) res ?

5. Opie

Opie Member

I'm sorry I was mistaken if you place 1 and 1/4s of a wall --> 2 walls costs as much as 2 walls. 1 wall costs 25 res 2 walls (which also includes 1 and 1/4 wall) cost 50 res. I don't know if the fourths of the wall count against the wall limit, but the cost is not a problem. I guess this can be locked.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  6. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

no wonder Ameircan kids fail at math with all those damnd fractions!

7. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

And then we have to convert them to metric whenever we want anyone else in the world to understand them, which is another pain in the ass. :(