Wall Repair/Build change

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ViroMan, May 1, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Synopsis:
    When repairing/building walls some of the juice is spread to the connecting walls on either side if they need it.

Your defending the front while the others shoot from behind the line of walls. So say you see a mortar go off next to a line of walls. You go to repair the middle wall segment. While mortars keep going off the other walls drop while you are left with one wall segment. Now your team got screwed. However if your calc could repair 3 wall segments at the same time you could be spared somewhat.

Suggestion:
    repairing middle wall spills 10% of juice going to middle wall to either side of the middle wall. If the wall is fully built the calc spills what ever is needed to the other two walls.
    Possibly even building up 3 walls at once... of course the other two don't reach full height at the same time as the middle one.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

But why would you want to make it harder for people to push through walls?

3. ViroMan

because with mortar/arty it is incredibly easy to take out tons of walls? Im not saying it should repair faster.. just spread the repair to other walls as well.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i liked walls when they were bugged. but i also understand how its better for the game when you can take them out by other means then the calculator.

5. Trickster

And this is bad because?

6. ViroMan

It takes a significant investment of time to bring them up and only 12 or so seconds to bring down stacks of walls.

7. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Or reduce the amount of splash that goes through walls?

Even though I mainly play Engineer I'm not really sure this is a good idea. Yes it would mean fewer engineers could do more. but it would be slightly overpowered on maps like money.

Edit: Would this effect any wall whatever the angle as long as they are touching the one your building?

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  8. Trickster

If they're fully built, then it takes considerably longer to bring them down. If they're unbuilt, then it takes less time to drop them than it does to destroy them. The more walls you have, the harder it is to maintain them.

Why is this in any way a negative thing?

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It would be a bad thing if he's suggesting that walls don't do what they were intended for.

Personally, I don't know if that's the case. They're close to the line between being a worthwhile investment and a waste of time, but I think they're still on the worthwhile side.

It just sucks a bit more if you're building a wall (boring) and someone else is getting to mortar you (fun), but that's always been the case. It will of course be more of a pain if those walls don't stay up very long, but then you have to face it that you'll need to actually engage your enemy and kill them first, instead of relying on getting up your defences and having the upper hand.

It also makes building placement a little more serious when there's less space.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

bugged walls were awesome, and now they suck

11. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

The 2.24, the glory days of lolforting.