Wakeboarding

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PreDominance, Jul 13, 2010.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Anyone here wakeboard?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

I have, once. Was a complete failure.

3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I am friends with a man who broke his neck wakeboarding and is now a quadriplegic.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Once I touched some salt water.

5. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Wakeboarding is too violent... Go kiteboarding

Hitting the water was waaaaay more painful wakeboarding...

However ---> I broke my left femur in 17 parts while kiteboarding... but i came back without any doubt...

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

My dad actually broke his neck. He recovered fully with a (I think..) titanium plate in his neck. He dove off the boat into shallow water.

Wakeboarding doesn't hurt at all. Believe me, I'm not much of a "Manne", but I've had my fair share of falls, and they haven't hurt much. The worst one would be landing on the left side of my face and reddening it for the next week or so.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's something I've been interested in trying, although Kite Boarding seems more attractive, but mostly I just Ski and Snowboard.

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

If you snowboard wakeboarding will come a lot easier. The hard part is getting out of the water, because it requires a lot of strength (EG: You're being pulled the force of 30mph by a boat holding on to a rubber handle trying to stand up on a board), but it's fun once you get up.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Wakeboarding is okay, we have lots of small lakes and parks where you can do it, and people rent equipments and boats for it. Its a lot more fun on the open ocean out here but we are starting to get effects of the oil spill from the gulf stream and a lot of rental places are closing down.
    As far as watersports go jet-skis are wayyyy more fun than wakeboarding, and if you have your own boat (its better to just rent unless youre wealthy or go fishing every day) you can do a lot more fun stuff like parasailing and stuff. Sailing is also very fun but you cant wakeboard from a sailboat unless you have a hundred thousand dollar racing trimaran or something.
    If anyone ever wants to come down to south florida hit me up and we can hang out or you can crash with us.

I like snowboarding way better though, but i dont go that often because transatlantic flights arent cheap :p

10. Trickster

I've been para-sailing and jet skiing. Para-sailing is overrated. Jet Skiing was epicly fun.

11. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I'll teach you kiteboarding anytime for free (pool harbor or south hampton work ok for me). Once you control the power of the kite you will be like: fuck anything else...

12. Trickster

I might well take you up on that offer one day, seeing as I'm only like 6 hours away.

13. communism

communism poof

i lol'd really hard at this for some reason