Wages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Senor_Hybrido, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

1) Bring the old targeting system back, then give us double wages for killing targeted units. As for guard orders, give us double wage for any kills within a certain range of the structure/person being guarded.

2) If you're totally against bringing the old system back, then give us double wages for any kills within a certain range of the target area of the attack order.

3) Allow the buying of skill slots with wages. Maybe 1000 per slot.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

3) has some interesting ideas behind it.

3. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

meh, you already have all four skills by the time you reach 1000 res.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say melting wages and skillpoints somehow is a logic "simplification" without degenerating complexity

quick bad example to show what i mean: for each point you would normally get, you now get 100 resources, and each skill slot "costs" a certain amount of resources to unlock (100 for lvl 1/200 for lvl 2 /400/800..etc)

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah I'd be down with that, just give people cash and allow them to buy skill slots with it, makes sense.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Seconded. This would also increase the usage of some of the other skills. There are some skills that aren't worth getting if you have only 4 possible skill slots, but I would consider them to be good enough for a 5th or 6th skill slot.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Actually, scrap that, it's a bad idea. I can forsee the entire team nagging the commander to build vehicles for them so they don't have to dip into their personal resources before they have all 4 skills.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i doubt that will happen too often

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No they won't.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or skill can get them skills in both general and class, but with cash you can buy a skill from another class. Like a grenadier with vehicle cooling, a scout with defusal, etc. To control it you can make it so that the player would still need the 4th skill to be unlocked before putting something else in it, same with slot 3,2 and 1.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The point, I think, is that you can ignore skills and just buy a big tank, which is more useful given that after 2 skill slots you don't really need any more if you're in a big tank.

12. Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan

Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan Member

The wages for infantry items idea has a lot of potential. It would actually allow a lot of diversity in the game... if the community could handle the change. Say if the SMG2 were significantly better than the SMG1, but could only be purchased with wages. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Of course, it'd be hellish to balance.

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i would and if you'd be honest do yourself, you'd have do admit that trickster is right :p

14. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

I'm not sure if that's a bad idea. First, the comm doesn't have to spam targets anymore, so he has much more free time now (unless he boomtanks a lot). Second, this can give the comm some control over the types of tanks his team uses which fits the definition of "strategy".

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

If you wanted to go down that route, you'd say no to wages acting while the vf was locked, and you'd always lock the vf and only let commanders make vehicles for their team - to aid strategy, of course.

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

something not related to the OP, with which i disagre as a whole.

the resources on mot maps should be lowered by about 5-10% (imo actually more, but ppl like higher res maps more).
    other than that wages generally work fine, they could be a bit better adjusted and differentiated, but they fulfil their main purpose to help those people that deserve it to get tanks.
    the only issue i see is that resources often reach levels where you could remove them from the game altogether - teams often reach resource values far over 15k and research costs barely play a roll anymore (actually not even the cost of heavies seems limiting now)

you might also consider to give less wages the more refinaries a team owns (if its even give 100%) this way the slippery slope could be lowered a bit without putting the winning team in a too big disadvantage.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  17. complete_

complete_ lamer

fuck your counterstrike shit

18. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Wth, a huge pain in the ass penalty for early lt/afv/jeep/apc drivers (aka not gaining the second slot through the whole game)? WHY? doesnt make any sense to me, and yes it will happen often, read ALWAYS,
    APCs at least are to support the team even when argueing that the other ones maybe be used for personal purposes, if there are any beside griefing which is forbitten on most servers anyway, exception might be jeeps ...:headshot:

(Plain armored vehicles break often and therefore keep wages always down until armor is research and thus setting the mentioned drivers number of skill slots back through the whole game, yeah their own fault if they dont wait for armor or for the whole team to F S Space out the commander who isnt researching armor etc etc ...)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010