Very minor bug to address

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ANGRY Shaved Whale, May 27, 2007.

1. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

This has been a bug since 1.01, and does not affact the game play. More or less a cosmetic thing, but needs to be addressed.

Very simple to reproduce; while building as a engy(holding the mouse button down), you push your button for your change class window. Then simply close out the window with no changes needed, (or you can make some, does not matter) and you have "infinite" build time. Works with the vehical build menu and the new squad menu for 1.08.

On a side not, I think there should be a new upgrade for the engineer's. The upgrade will be a faster replenish rate for the build resources. I have not seen any suggestions like this, nor have heard anyone talking about this. Thought it would make a nice addition to the building upgrade.

Whale

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

is this like the engy bug from 1.07?

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

He means that when you open the vgui while holding a button, the game will not read you releasing that key, and will remain doing that action.

This is a bug with source and programs under windows, not empires related, but would be sweet if kernzo could fix it I guess.

4. Silk

Silk Mapper

I don't know,i find it rather handy. I'm a grenadier, want to get something to drink, i press 'e' on refinery with the tric, go get something to drink/eat, and when i'm back the ref is built. Or i'm dead.

I've never considered it cheating or exploiting. If anything it helps the enemy, because i sometimes walk the entire map using this tric, and when someone shoots me i need some seconds to get back to my keyboard before i can return fire. Needless to say in 1.08 this means i'm dead before i've turned around.

5. Align

Align Member

I don't know about the second suggestion, it sounds akin to rolling healing and repair upgrade into one... although reversed. You don't heal/repair twice as fast, but you get twice as much ammo to use, so...
    Then again, if it doesn't regenerate twice as fast, I suppose it would work out nicely.

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I really don't know what's going on here

I like being able to type when building, so tab-building is amazing for me

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i use tab building a whole load too... especially when i want to type. I think that it's just not helpful enough to you to be an exploit. It's almost a feature.

I like the idea of faster replenish, but I would have it more as "more ammo per clip", so that two engineers both on zero ammo would still build the same.