Vehicles causing game to go BOOM

Discussion in 'Archive' started by unconnected, Apr 26, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

This happens without fail.. I have had 99.99999% of all crashes in 1.08 happen with vehicles.
    As soon as i create one in a vehicle factory the game will begin to stutter all sounds and lock up completely.. If I am super lucky(5% of the time) I can alt-tab and close the game down manually, whcih still takes about 10 minutes as it doesn't let me open up task manager for some reason, but most of the time I have to power down the entire system.
    If I get into a vehicle that is already created I usually have 1-2 seconds before the exact same thing happens.

This has happened without fail and I have repeated this bug 4 times in a row just to make sure it wasn't some random thing.

In 1.07 this is the only time the game ever crashed, which was very rare as 1.07 is pretty stable for me.

I am not sure how I do a console dump to maybe clarify what is causing this problem, if anyone knows let me know. Unfortunately it is not crashing, just totally locking up so no dump file is being created here :(

thanks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Turn off your minimap until the next patch.

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

vehicles ---> minimap
    ya, I see how this is connected to eachother :S I'm glad I'm no the one coding the game Krenzo

4. unconnected

unconnected Member

Ahh, ok.. good to know.. Thanks

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Vehicles have icons on the minimap. I don't have error checking like I should when trying to draw vehicle icons.