Vehicle Weapon: Ballistic Missile

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Andariel, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Andariel

Andariel Member

This one came to my mind a few days ago as i enjoyed the mortal and indirect bombardment with cannons (once again)

This is intended to be a siege kind of weapon and would come in the usual sizes: normal, upgraded and salvo

They share the same inaccuracy of the unguided missiles (aka they spread a bit on the target area to make an too accurate bombing impossible and to heighten the aoe)

They would fire in a curve kinda equal to that of the mortar to not give them a too long range and turn them into unwanted artillery (the upgraded should have a bit more range then the other 2 bm's imho)

Their payload and weight/costs/heat would a bit higher then those of the standard missiles (don't have the exact numbers and don't feel like giving some)

this is the suggestion no numbers or direct explanations just the gameplay mechanics

final i think it should be possible to research guided/ballistic nuke/bio missiles as that i don't like/use them anyways but think it would be good to be able to have them

2. petemyster

petemyster Member

hmm...convince us why we should put those in, what are the cons and pros etc

3. Rexz

Rexz Member

Im not sure if what you describe is right, but the bomb would spread into small pieces right?

So like when the missles are about to land, they spread into smaller missles and land all over the area.

4. Andariel

Andariel Member

no a ballistic missile would be more like a long range high power mortar
    i always have problems thinking about pros and cons of a definite weapon but i'll try

pro; Allows indirect and suppression bombardment from tanks in mid ranges, could be used to scare people off or lay waste to an area which wouldn't be normally accessible
    con: might be as usefull for laying siege on a walled in base as light artillery or nukes while being on a mobile and self defensable chassis

also i dont know if it would fit either pro or con but with a ballistic curve and the actual possible arcs of the tanks they wouldn't be possible to be used at extreme long or short ranges

edit: nope i didnt meant cluster bomb missiles even that they sound funny i would like then more the ones suggested here
    i meant it more like the missile launchers are spreading to not be pinpoint but require to fire more in a short period, maybe like, as i've posted, the upgraded version is overall a bit better single rocket (accuracy range damage) but has not a good rate of fire like the salvos

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  5. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

So... you mean like cannon shells?

6. Andariel

Andariel Member

Not exactly, they would have a ballistic curve but more like small rocket propelled short range artillery i made a quick paint to describe how the arcs in my opinion would differ
    [​IMG]

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

Arty with a smoke trail. :P

8. Rexz

Rexz Member

What he is saying is that the weapon is able to shoot straight down at stuff that are behind a wall.

This is great for getting objects that are hidden by walls or other obstacles.

Look at the picture again, which one would be better at getting stuff behind walls?

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If this would be added we'd see people researching straight to tanks with these equipped, and then spamming them to destroy the enemy base. Not even walls can save a team then. The new walls would solve the problems of wall spam immediatly.

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yes, just like arty.

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Except those tanks will be able to defend themselves with cannons/MG's, and they'll have more armor. The NF heavy tank would also allow missiles to be placed on it other than this one.

12. Andariel

Andariel Member

well short range weaker artillery which is inaccurate and hard to use right, also i think they should be expensive, additional they don't give much of an bonus in a tank fight except to be able to bombard the enemy as a whole without pinpointing one side

13. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thats the purpose of artillery. Use Artys and be happy.

14. Andariel

Andariel Member

i usually sit in an artillery as soon as i get the chassis, long range rather pinpoint high damage accurate indirect cannon, what else to say

this weapon would have a way shorter range as it is meant to fire behind a building where the enemy just retreated to to make some quick repairs (so that would be discouraged) or to lob some pain up somewhere which you would usually not reach, but you would and should be inable to fire across you whole frontline into the enemys defense

15. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Yeah, this is just a gimpy arty shell.