Vehicle speed

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by [PRKL] Werihukka, Jan 19, 2009.

1. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I was wondering that is it intentional that jeeps are slower than all the other vehicles? Because it would make more sense, that jeeps would be the fast transport in game and the others do the rest. Right now 3phase APC is the fastest vehicle in game. Light tanks and APC's can jump over BE rax, but jeeps can't even climb up a hill.

2. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

I haven't tested the jeeps yet, but in last version it felt like the BE jeep had decent speed while the NF one felt broken in some way, like if you were driving on rough terrain all the time. I cannot explain it better.

3. communism

communism poof

All vehicles except the jeep have been modified the jeeps just haven't been changed at all

Maybe in the next release they will mess with them but right now its better to get the tanks feelings good instead of the jeep

4. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

turbo j33pz???

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

That.

Jeeps are not all that high on the priority list. Maybe most vehicles will be slowed down as well now that they work at higher speeds.

6. Drag

Drag Member

Maxspeeds of jeeps have been unchanged since 1.08 times afaik. They are HIGH ranging from 35 to 75.

Which was the reason why I put in some parameters to stop them from spinning out all the time. Those make the jeeps feel slower (but stable) Next step is to make them faster again while keeping them controlable. 2.23 will have changes to jeeps. They just weren't in 2.22 because they are low priority and no one wanted to test or provide accurate feedback. (me included)

Jeeps will probably get a horsepower boost (+100% for fission) + limiting parameters disabled.

7. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Ok. I just wanted to point out this thing, because it feels stupid that APC with 3phase or Fission is like a rocket on wheels and jeeps are the next slowest transportation after walking.

However, BE jeep isn't as bad as NF's.

Good to hear, jeeps aren't forgotten.

8. johnnie

johnnie Member

Jeeps FTW :cool:

9. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

That's horsepower, not speed.

Jeeps have lower horsepower then Tanks and APC's, because that makes sence.

Therefore Jeeps may not be able to drive over the BE Barracks or can't even manage to climb a hill.

10. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

You're right, but that wasn't my point. They're still faster than jeeps. That was my point.