Vehicle Machinegun

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Do you regularly use anti infantry MGs

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

31.8%
  1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

With an LT/AFV. I may as well have it if my armour weight permits.
    With an APC I'll get it if I have previously been taken out by infantry, otherwise it is a grenade because they are more flexible.

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I still have no idea why so many people voted the way they did. I almost never get killed by vehicle mgs, because of the stuff with lag compensation or w/e. I mostly get a. run over, b. someone jumps out to shoot me, or c. get hit with cannons. These poll results are very surprising.

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I would like to point out that if you disregard the people who you rarely, if ever, encounter playing Empires, it goes much more in line with your expectations.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

I see AZK, Brot, Spartacus, and Security playing fairly regularly, so that can't be it.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

In my experience I find that vehicle mg's ( I'm talking about chaingun and medium one , not the others like du 50 cal or bio ) lack the accuracy ( due to hit registration being shit for mg's ) to be really usefull. It feels like I'm shooting 200 bullets at a guy ( and on the screen they are hitting ) but in fact you only hit 1 bullet, it's just really frustrating. It feels like the computer says you fired 200 bullets but really you only fired 20.

edit: light tank with chaingun and standard canon is the way to go for me. I dont like seeing the lt as a anti tank killer cause he isnt you kill infantry with that shit, you drive up close but not to close and you just open the cg and he's dead.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I raise you a weaponless fission reactive tank.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I rarely drive tanks but I always have an mg on it when I do. Even though I never end up killing anyone with it.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What you think is an optimal play style isn't optimal for 14 (as of right now) other people.

9. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Right, and I accept that. I'm just wondering as to the reason why so many people voted that they "regularly use anti-mgs"

I see a lot of people saying things like "dual cgs on a heavy tank are awesome", but that's only worth the weight if the other team can't field heavies. By that time, using dual cgs to camp a rax instead of quickly ending the game only begins to kill off the server. If the other team can field heavies, it would stand to reason that you would use all possible weight on your heavy to counter them, which is why I'm heavily confused as to why people like to say "I like to put dual cgs on a heavy tank" and still vote that they "regularly" use anti-infantry mgs. Either this means that the team they're on "regularly" wins by virtue of the macro game, or that they're not very intelligent about vehicle customization, which I know can't be true.

10. gezor

gezor Member

i have the same experience with CG and thatswhy i only use bio or 50.cal.

11. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I stay out of heavy tanks, because big and slow. The opposite of what i like.
    so anti-infantry weapons are a must.

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

It's possible to put a chain gun on your uml boat instead of the third ml to win the game and fill up your heavy with dual chains to troll. Different goals necessitate different strategies. Machine guns can be present in multiple strategies that achieve multiple goals.