Vehicle damage relates to angle you are hit by the vehicle.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't:

currently, if you are touching a vehicle as it drives at 10mph, you die. that's fine if you are hit from the front. but often, ESPECIALLY when trying to plant sticky grenades, this is because you were touching the vehicle's flank as it went at 10mph. it doesn't strike me as realistic or fun that this can kill you

if you still don't understand: here's a diagram

[​IMG]

standing where the word copyright, if you were touching the lego batmobile, you shouldn't die. standing in front of the vehicle, there would be no change.

---------

there are lots of ways this could be implemented, I imagine an equasion relating the angle of the armour being touched to the speed of the vehicle would be a great way to fun up the game.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I suppose the idea of tanks having tracks means you're a bit less likely to bounce off, and more likely to have your foot mauled in the runners.

3. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

you couldn't jam your foot under tank tracks to save your life. heavy ass shit they are.

I agree - but I'm not sure it's really worth the coders time unless it's a quick fix.

4*

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If you bump into the side of a fast moving vehicle, then the friction will impart angular acceleration to you which could cause you to fall down and be run over.

5. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Maybe remove points gained from such deaths.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I wouldn't do that vess... it's still a legitimate kill. kinda annoying, but I understand what krenzo is saying.

7. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Well how often dose a mouse runin to the side of a cat and die? And then the cat gets a free snack!?

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'd sideswipe the shit out of that mouse if I were that cat, and if you replace "sideswipe" with "crush" and "cat" with "tank" then you"ll understand where I'm coming from.

Tanks > Mice