Vehicle Armor suggestions.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chahk, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Looks good.

I would only like to turn the blue bottle around the green leaf to some shade of green too. Also the leaf could be a bit more visible but that's very nice.

Edit: Slight update to my reflective armor. I made tiny changes to it so it looks better because if this is going to be offical icon for the reflective armor it should look good. [​IMG]

Edit II: Updated even further. [​IMG]

Edit III: [​IMG] That's it. No more updates or I go too close perfectionism.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't see any differences.

3. Mr. Weedy

That's because those are very small and you don't pay enough attention to them. :p

Save those all on your hard drive and open in an image editor. Pay attention to the right top corner of the armor and also to the lower beam's top on the right end.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I really profer the non-cartoony engines to the cartoony ones. cartoony doesn't suit empires. i mean, the basic engine is not cartoony- it looks like an engine.

@weedy: don't you think the bars on that look different widths? perhaps it's just a trick of the mind

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

non-cartoony? Have you seen the new melee/run over/HS icons?

6. Mr. Weedy

Actually. I adjusted the width of the bars just a tiny bit. ;) Just save those on your hard drive and see what did I change. The last on is the best.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

:pathetic: different situations in my opinion: those icons are always going to be fairly cartoony- but compare the cartoony ones too the default one (which actually looks like an engine) and i think there's a big difference. add to that is what someone once said: "when you are creating a vehicle it really feels like you are putting the weapons and armour and engine onboard". I feel part of that comes from the fact the the icons look like what they are, rather than representations.

but that's just my £0.02

8. Chahk

Chahk Member

I see your point Sandbag, but the idea is to give players something easily recognizable, so that they can recognize the engine's function just by looking at the picture.

You know, the whole "picture worth a thousand words" theory. That green "bio-hazard" image immediately makes you think "biological" without even reading the description. Same with the blue thermometer and "Coolant", or lightning and "Speed" (for 3-phase), or yellow flame and "Gas turbine". The realistic-looking ones are pretty and... well... realistic, but they just don't give you the same mnemonic cue as cartoony ones do.

9. Mr. Weedy

Lightning for 3 phase gives me an image of power. Not like raw very powerful power but some sort of power which is fragile.

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

as it is

11. nhammen

nhammen Member

I'd like to see some cartoony armor... I guess maybe I should try myself, but I'm a bit rusty at graphics stuff...