Vehical spaming

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nutcase, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

An idea I got how to stop Vehical spaming specialy Artilery:mad: is to make a requirement of more then one person to drive it. Like with artilery:mad: one driver, one loader, and one gunner to balance the artilery tank and something like that for the rest. I'll try and post a new thread later with "ALL" of my ideas:D

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

This has already been suggested and discussed several times, search before you post.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

whot if the commander woud have 2 recourse pools, 1 main pool, 1 secondary pool,

the main pool = the pool it is now
    the secondary pool = the pool to construct vehicles

maybe a costumisable sec pool refill rate?
    like controllable % of the recourses gained get to the second pool

this way the comm can choose howmutch recourses are used for building and for vehicles

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I wouldn't mind having it like ground control 2 where the more units you had on the battlefield, the less "funds" you get per second.

Essentially it forced you to make good use of the units you have instead of relying on huge rushes.

Either this or at least some variation of it would be nice imo :)

5. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

ยจ
    This system of controlling tanks close to allways result in the game not beeing fun to play

6. Atlas

Atlas Member

I'll second Dee's idea.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

good idea + genius x pi = ^dee^

8. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

You fool! You forgot it is pi^2 !
    Sounds like it might work.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i doubt it

have you ever used a calculator?

10. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Sounds slick, dee.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

im against such an idea, the amount of tanks compared to ground control is minimum.

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Then it'll be balanced for empires.

13. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Why is it people think arty or tanks are bad? Cause they get pwned for not building their base the right way?
    Just like the people who think arty are overpowered and 'not lifelike', I got $50 that says they dont have any idea as to how powerful artillery IRL is.

I vote:
    Dont mess with the vehicles, their fine as is

14. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

once arty hit the field whoever gets them first wins most the games.

15. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Did we arty the hell out of the enemy in Desert storm?
    I think thats one of the ways we won....whilst they were whining at us for OMG UBER HAX!
    ;)

( My point is that instead of making the arty less lifelike, find ways to lower the damage from arty...bunkers / secure walkways anyone?)

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I remember back in MAH days...

*Hitches up pants*

WHhhhhhhhhy, BACK in MAH days, we didn't give two WINKS of a coal miner's eye about that there tank spam! Why, back in 1.01 days, you had more tanks then you could shake a stick at! We'd build 500,000,000 res tanks and run 'em off cliffs because WE COULD! And we all wore onions on our belts, because that was the fashion at the time! And you think tank spam is bad nowadays?

*Spits*

Why back in the 1.01 days, we didn't even worry about res halfway into the game! We'd just make a ten, eleven, 'er even dickety-two or dickety-three tanks--just because we had nothing better to do! (We HAD to say dickety, because the KAIZER had taken our word for twenty!) We didn't even make jeeps, just light tanks with a 3-phase! 'Course, we thought that them there jeeps was haunted, but that's another story.

*farts*

Ahh remember them days like they was yesterday, or even two months ago! We thought the APC was a waste of money, because WHY BUILD an APC when you could build a dozen light tanks? We ALWAYS built a dozen light tanks, because we DIDN'T KNOW how to build LESS then a dozen light tanks, we had so much res. I reckon Charlie didn't know what to do with all them enemy tanks. (Not the enemy, mind you, but 'Ol Pappy McCharliepantston. He was the crazy admin of "Allah Ackbar's Server" or sumtin like that. He was so crazy, he'd ban people just for looking at him funny.) And you think tank spam is bad nowadays?

*passes out, drooling*

*wakes up*

And we NEVER PLAYED scouts! Why, we hated them scouts, because they was DIFFERENT frem us. They couldn't shoot diddily peep because their guns sucked so much, and WE liked it like that. We put TWO DOZEN cannons all on ONE HEAVY tank, just to kill one scout! Then we'd run that tank into the ocean, because we didn't want to lower our fps. Which, coincidentally, was 1/2. We didn't NEED fps, and we liked it like that.

*edit*
    And the server crashed every 30 seconds!

edit edit: the dickety comment is grandpa simpson, too

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

HA HA HA. Nice job on the Grandpa Simpson and Scrubs quotes. Anything more in there? I don't recognize the "twenty" quote...

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

O...M...G...

the good old days

19. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

you think I'm joking, but you young wippersnappers don't know that I'm only HALF exaggerating. Seriously. Back in 1.01, res was way unbalanced the the point where you didn't even care about res nodes after the first three minutes or four minutes of gameplay. it was like emp_money, all the time.

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

Dees idea=good+getting somewhere. Idea posted=terribly horrific+discussed before+shot down

edit: Lobster, I remember those fruitful days of youth. *sigh* 6 tanks in one spot suddenly appearing 20 feet ahead of where they were, sometimes being teleported back a few feet. It was the same with running. Being in comm view showed small tanks not rolling, but teleporting forward ever so slowly. We didn't need no "registry" or a decent "latency." We just enjoyed the idea of actually driving a tank. We enjoyed 40 player servers without vehicle restrictions and unlimited resources. I also enjoyed the spastic twitching my weapons did.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006