vehical car exhaust pipes + fumes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by supaste, Nov 10, 2006.

1. supaste

supaste Member

vehical car exhaust pipes + fumes

i think that it would give a better feel to the game in big vehicals such as the NF comm or a big slow tank im not sure how much computing strain it would create though...

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, sounds good.

I really want dust to come up behind the vehicles as well... it would be great to see a whole load of tanks moving around on duststorm...

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I think it was there in the early releases, and was one of the major causes of lag. I don't know why it should be laggy, I'm not a programmer. Just saying that I think it's been tried and failed.

Having said that, I would like to see this working also.

4. supaste

supaste Member

well in that case it should be dumped into the if anyone can be bothered pile!

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

okay.

I wonder why it created lag. it should be a client side thing. I could understand frame rates dropping, a little bit, but lag?! weird.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

We need an "if anyone can be bothered stuff" sticky

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Why would this create lag? Shouldn't it be entirely clientside? The only reason I could see for it being serverside is that it was from the physics collisions between the tires and the gound, but the wheels have been set to clientside now.

Krenzo, is there any quick answer to this?

8. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I don't ever remember any sort of particle effects ever being in empires if it was it was probably in the alpha and the pre-release versions, I believe the major cause of lag was because everything was server side, physics ect. As well all know that was all moved client. I don't think it was ever really a high priority for krenzo to add stuff like that. But I think adding smoke and stuff for when a tank gets damaged and while moving would be awesome.

9. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

It was in the first two releases if I remember right, go check your change log and you'll see where it was removed.

10. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I skimmed the changelog, I'm sorry if I missed it but this is the only thing that I could find with any relevance besides its 12:09 EST over here so I'm a little bit tired.

If thats what your referring to thats default for all hl2 vehicles, so its really no surprise it was removed.