Using the Ranged rifle as a short-range weapon..

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by jongscx, Dec 19, 2008.

1. jongscx

jongscx Member

I don't know if this is just me, but I've found that the easiest use for the new ranged rifle was as a short-range weapon. Basically, hide-crawl close to the enemy, and pop in a head-shot without zooming, from point blanc or even contact range. Usually, if they weren't full-health anyway, a body shot was sufficient.

I just found it was a lot more stealthy than using SMG2, single shot instead of multiple, and I didn't have to get close enough for melee.

Thoughts?:|ove:

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah if you use it without the scope it's supposed to be a lot better...at least, Drag was caning everybody with it during testing :p

3. Apogee

Apogee Member

I use it this way now, with hide and silence. People often won't realize the shot came from behind.

4. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

it wouldnt be all that bad if it hit a bit harder

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Use enhanced senses. You basically become a solid-slug shotgun rape machine (thats essentially what the scout rifle is when used like that). Its so easy to find enemies and line up the headshots when they think they are hiding ;)

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

7. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

i use it as both a lot if i sab a rax u better bet i am waiting for some infantry to spawn to 1 shot em

8. jongscx

jongscx Member

No, I think the irony is that "the scout should have been used like this the whole time."

But this being primarily an FPS, they HAD to have a scoped long-range rifle...

this is just how things happen I guess. Kinda like how I put a dry-erase dot in the middle of my screen when playing CSS and using the AWP from the hip...:rolleyes: