user cp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MEG- hobbes, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I'd hit that

2. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Only with a molten baseball bat...

3. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

You're on thin' fuckin' ice, my pedigree chums, and I'll be under it when it breaks.

5. communism

communism poof

same shit fag
    you want to know the one and only difference between amerifags and euroqueers?

Euros buy steamboots on every hero while america buys ghost marchers

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Ever since my 4'th grade teacher marked my spelling quiz wrong when I wrote "humour", I've used a 'u' in all such words.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Not being able to accept Honor and Honour as proper spelling only means Trickster is the type to believe that the Americas are still under British colonial control.

Unlike Canada, we managed to kick your ass way back when remember :D

8. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I am a connoisseur of the BBWs, a chubby chaser per say . Ahh the many beds I've broken ^^

Join us Aeoneth, join us.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I can accept the use of different words, such as diaper instead of nappy, potato chips instead of crisps. But using the same word, then removing letters to make it "easier", is not on. It's not hard to do it properly.

As for that accent, whilst that's a fucking terrible impression, there are literally more accents within Britain than the entirety of the rest of Europe and North America put together. No-one really knows why, and it makes it nigh on impossible for foreign people to understand what anyone outside of Oxfordshire is saying. There's something like over 40 within England itself, let alone Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I call bullshit on the dialect shit.

11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I have never got the change, I don't think it was because it was easier I mean how hard is it to spell armour over armor, I forget the term, but I think it is due to a differences in meaning. Armor can mean everything from medieval armor to armored vehicles in US and British English terms, but the British word armour means just the medieval variant of armor meant to be worn by knights. Armor is thee general term Armour is a specific descriptive term.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

we didn't exactly have a reason to be the bitchy teenage girl who tries to gain attention from her parents, but Canada was basically put out to live on it's own because Britland couldn't afford to take care of us :(.

But merikans are dumb it's pronounced zed not zee, you spell favourite and colour with a u, and the metric system is far superior to that crazy archaic fractions shit you guys call the Imperial system, yeah copy the British Empire much.

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

But I've grow up all my life using the Standard system (that's what schools really call it) and I'm too lazy to learn my prefixes + base units!
    [/american.]

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language_in_England

Not really, we still read about "Body Armour" in news papers, and "Armoured vehicles" and stuff. And on top of that, there's still no explanation for colour and shit like that.

But some things are better the American way. Lifts (Elevators) for example. In Britain, we have Ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc. In the US, they just have 1st floor, 2nd floor etc, which is far more logical.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

whenever i read armour i have to think about the french word amour ...