Upgrading Weapons

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KhanKhaar, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think they do. Quite annoying as a comm, lol

Also, wouldn't it be best to just use rank points for rank upgrades AND new weaponry / equipment?

You could choose "Ammo Upgrade", for example, which takes away 10 rank points. If you deselect it, you get the rank points back. If you had 14 rank points, you'd have 4 rank points left, enough for, say, a better pistol.
    You would use those rank points to get a better pistol, but you can always go back to your old pistol to get those rank points back. It doesn't involve res (well, the comm will still have to research :p), and the rank points aren't 'wasted', just 'exchanged' for better weaponry / equipment or upgrades.

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

So more like an RPG? Sounds interesting.

3. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Hey sorry if this may be a bit off from what you guys where talking about but you reminded me of something I was thinking of earlier. All infantries wepons stay the same throughout the game. Why not after some tech have been researrched not let some new equipment or weapons be available. Like let riflement get new armer after Absorbant Armor, or for the grenader rockets able to track by themselves after Homing Missiles? How about an enginer with a bio SMG? Nothing extreamly over the top just something to keep infantry more alive and interesting.

4. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Read the rest of the thread awrethien. :p

5. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Well the main differance I was thinking of was to give the options of new weapons with the current techs. lol Just about all the rest is about buying the weapons, coms granting special permison for the weapons or, adding in a whole new resource for individual credits...:rolleyes:

I was thinking of keeping it simple. at begining of game have a choice between three rifles. Com resurches bio projectile you now have four. Comm gets aarmor tech you now can choose differnt armor.

KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid(please not this is not directed at any one person)

The more complex you make it the harder it will be to get going, more likely to break down, and less likely to get implimented.

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Yeah, I agree with comm researching being reflected in the choice of weapons. The devs are going through the weapons right now, does anyone know if more than ironsights are being changed?

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Aircraft, sexyfying, Bugs, Iron Sights... thats all I think thats going to be in... I dont think they are planning anything like this for another 2 patches at least...

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I'm still a fan of researches taking the form of ammo and accesories, with perhaps slight increases in all around gun performance.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I really want this idea to have some form of realisation in empires :D

10. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Well I have concluded several things, 1. FalconX likes to say thrust 2. The majority want better weapons to require skill or time to acquire, however, I'm with Awrethien on this one. Just make it as an additional weapon available...

-Sheepe

11. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

I think it should just be that the comm can research upgrades for the guns and soldiers, eg:

Bio engineering for health upgrade
    Armour upgrades, perhaps on multiple levels
    Accuracy upgrades for weapons.. new accesories such as better scopes
    Chemically tipped bullets

You get the idea.. Just things like that..

12. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

Well how about instead of using res, for each rankpoint (or for each rankpoint above x) you get 1 equipment point, that you use to buy flashy equipment (one time use) and by that i mean, if you die you loose it and haveto purchase it again, rev makes you revert to standard equipment

13. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I'm sorry, were you implying something? :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006