Unlimited vechicles ammo problem

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by QMAN, Dec 24, 2010.

1. QMAN

QMAN Member

I have idea to decreace effect of that "unlimited ammo" that would be ->
    cannot reload weapons while vechicle move/shotting (that is really great that decrease dramaticly effectivity of rocket and rail spam from long range);

Whenever you shotting even by using MG, your canon/rockets wouldnt be start reload, to reload weapon you must just stand at one position, without shot, to reload time finish;

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

sounds like a hugely arbitrary nerf to fun

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

sounds stupid, and would basically mean OMG I USED UP ALL FOUR OF MY MISSLES TIME TO STAND IN ONE PLACE AND NOT SHOOT AT ALL OR MOVE BECAUSE IF A MOVE EVEN A LITTLE BIT BY ACCIDENT THEN THE RELOAD TIME RESETS OMGOMGOMG

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This. The amount of suggestions that fall into this category is just ridiculous. Lets add a pointless limitation to gameplay so it's something extra. No.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its not completely pointless to have limited ammoz. with limited ammuntion you have to retreat after a while (not saying i like this suggestion, it really IS arbitrary) making armories, ammo boxes (which shouldnt refill tanks imo) and repair pads more valueable - especially close to the frontlines ...

but in the end its mere a design decision then anything else. you decided it would be so - its not gamebreaking, just needs a differnt balance.

if i like the old system more or not is in the end my own problem ... ;)

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't mind limited ammo or unlimited, but this idea of sitting still just to reload is stupid.

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

If you have played Age of Chivalry, you might remember the reloading of the crossbow. It locks you and doesn't let you move till the weapon is reloaded.
    The element is so counter-intuitive and bad that the crossbow becomes very unfun to use.
    Same would go for the tanks in Empires, even if you wouldn't lock players.
    How do new players learn that to reload their tank weaponry they gotta be still?
    That's even a less fun element than vehicle heat.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

heat is from battletech/mechwarrior - the whole tank loadout system, from its visual representation down to some of the key mechanics, smells like a mechwarrior ripoff to me (which isnt bad, its a cool game).

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

yeaaaah it's not like this suggestion would render MLs, UMLs, BioMLs etc. completly useless in tankfights or smth ...

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well in Age of Chivalry the crossbow was an awp, but here the missiles and cannons don't do fatal damage to tanks.

11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I think it sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Tank missile/cannon spam is not a problem due to unlimited clip size. It was never difficult to get an ammo box outside the enemy base if you were already able to sit there spamming missiles anyway.

It is due to clip size and reload times & I think the tweaks that were made to those were absolutely fine.

12. Michael

Michael Member

Unlimited vehicle ammo is not a problem, cuz the heat and reload time solves it.

13. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

unlimited ammo for tanks was one of the best changes in the last year imo

I didn't like it at first but man was it a good idea