Unable to get vbsp.exe from gcf

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by pinda_master, Jun 20, 2013.

1. pinda_master

pinda_master Member

Hello,

I was trying to get hammer working, but I faced the following problem: Error writing D:\vbsp.exe (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 1012736 B). Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
    I use GCFScape version 1.8.4 and steam is not running. On another computer it did also not work. In GCFScape the file names are gray at al empires_*.gcf files. The files from team fortress did work.

Can someone help me with this problem?

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\flasche235\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\GameConfig.txt
    Code:
    "Configs"
    {
    	"Games"
    	{
    		"Empires"
    		{
    			"GameDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Empires\empires"
    			"hammer"
    			{
    				"GameData0"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Empires\empires\empires.fgd"
    				"TextureFormat"		"5"
    				"MapFormat"		"4"
    				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
    				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"64"
    				"GameExe"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\Source SDK Base 2007\hl2.exe"
    				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
    				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_start"
    				"BSP"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp_empires.exe"
    				"Vis"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
    				"Light"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
    				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\Source SDK Base 2007"
    				"MapDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\flasche235\empires\sourcesdk_content\empires\mapsrc"
    				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Empires\empires\maps"
    				"CordonTexture"		"common/tools/toolsnodraw"
    				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	"SDKVersion"		"3"
    }

im too lazy to fix the paths but i hope this helps you ...

edit:
    oh shit i think i still used the haxxed compiler for POM, the correct path for default vbsp should be the same as for vvis and vrad ...

edit2:
    alternatively see if the wiki helps you
    http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Configuring_Hammer_for_Empires
    it takes some tinkering but its no witchcraft ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. pinda_master

pinda_master Member

that part does work, I have problems with the modified VBSP.exe extracting from the .gcf file as descriped in the wiki

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

greyed out just means its a reference file, thus you cant extract. also you dont need the modifed vbsp anymore, since pom is disabled

use the one in
    c:\program files\steam\steamapps\YOUR_STEAM_ACCOUNT_USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe

to clarify, you dont need to extract anything

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  5. pinda_master

pinda_master Member

A, that is helpfull, thanks.