two concept weapons that seem interesting to me.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, May 20, 2006.

?

That poll I like to put into all my sugjestions!

1. Yay to all!

6.7%
  2. Yay to only the Tazer!

20.0%
  3. Yay to only the gernade!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BOO TO ALL!!!

73.3%
  1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

This is something I thought of a while ago. A large radius gernade, it is weak but can easily expose any scout hiding to turret fire. Not really usefull if you see a scout, but if your under smoke cover and can't see anything...

Another thing: A tazer-like (or maby dart?) weapon that would replace the scout rifle. Shorter range than scout rifle but would give the scout the same combat effectivness but give the scout no long-range capabilities. Recharge time is too much of a decrease to abilities, so simple amuniton would do.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

A dart gun is silent, so the hide wouldn't be disrupted, but i think a good scout rifle replacement weapon would be a c-4 type bomb, for covert opps, but you can only plant 1 at a time.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

i dont remember seeing any turrents ingame, are they edible?

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

don't even try...

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

*boycotts mature replying to you until you learn to spell turret*

6. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

Wha? I dont see anything wrong with his spelling of turrents.

7. Jimather

Jimather Member

hes doing it on purpose i reckon

8. Jn.

Jn. Member

He is doing it on purpose. I say we don't answer anything he says until he spells it right. Onward with the anti turrent campaign!!!!

9. dizzyone

shooting torrents! lol

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Maybe he has turrent's syndrome, where he randomly spells out "turrents" at the most inopportune times, almost on impulse.

Seriously, though. I voted boo, because I don't feel the weapons suggested add much to the game. First and foremost, as of right now, the scout's rifle is the only thing it has going for it, and we'll avoid all discussion about that here. Go post in the scout rifle thread if you want to talk about that. Additionally, I don't think a tazer should be able to keep you hidden and fighting-- this would be very, very, very frustrating if the scout had picked a good corner.

As for the grenades, their application seems very limited. If anything, the concussion grenade could have this ability added to it, and it's radius widened alot. (I rarely ever see anyone using the concussion grenade on the regular maps.)

11. dizzyone

thats because the scouts you see are mostly snipers, keke jk, not much use to them right now ><. Well wouldnt want to see it any other way tbh, would really get pissed of if it would become grenade dodging hour like in CS

12. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

but the fatties rock, a nice network of sensory chamber things would confuse those tanks nicely.

I think it would be quite nice to have the scout having some sort of defensive onlyish type weapon, or like the dart where it is only short range but quite nifty. But then I've never seen scouts being quite as handy as i'd like, it could just be me missing it but when theres a call for artillery etc i never see a symbol come up and things like that. If the scout can effectively spot and mark buildings, tanks and people and then get rank points from that some how (if a squad mate hits that thing/person in the period its spotted? but then thats silly if they dont have to scout ahead to do it) just something to encourage them to go and scout properly and not mind that they arent racking up the kills. Engineers build/revive for points, rifles/grens kill for them, currently scouts kill for them too - if they can scout for them it would rock. artillery feedback + scouts ftw.

obviously if i'm utterly wrong then please say so as i dont go as scout so only base it on people using the hide thing to get close enough for the 1shotkill things.

13. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Gargh.

Turret.

Have a nice day.

14. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

err... :|