TV Show ReBoot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jcw87, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I was talking to Nebajoth a few days ago, and we somehow ended up on my brother's website, which is a fansite for ReBoot. He said he liked that show, and so I wondered if others in this community did as well (hence my post in the "Post a Random Thought" thread.) So... if you ever were a fan of this show... you may want to head over to The Java Hut, which is the biggest gathering of ReBoot fans on a forum. You may also be interested in the ReBoot Revival project (there hasn't been a new episode for 6 years, and we were left with a killer cliff-hanger.) So, um, yeah, click some of those links.

2. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Reboot? never heard of it.....

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Watched it as a youngin', but don't remember a lot of it.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I was surprised they really let it get a bit darker with the third season. It really added to the show.

5. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

OH, now looking it up, ya I remember that -=O
    I kinda remember watching it around 96, but thats like a decade ago, cant remember much from back then.. ;/

6. Damian

Damian Member

*Spoiler*
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Enzo got buffed up for nothing! I loved his expression when he finally found Bob! ah ha ha ha ha

7. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Now thats an old series. I remember watching a few episodes years and years ago. I can recall one where they play a game called "Rabid Racoon" or something. And one where the two villins somehow combine together to form "Gigabyte Destroyer of systems" But yeah it was definitly a unique show.

*snip for warez*

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I remember this show but thought it was crap.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Its an OK show. At best, it taught you what viruses do to your computer. Oh, and how dangerous the net is.
    (run ^Dee^ run! those perv's are still after j00!)

10. Damian

Damian Member

I think this will make a good real life film movie if a good director like Tim Burton does it though.

11. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Ah yes, I loved this show.

12. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Anyone Remember Reboot?

The original CGI show. The show that led to Beast Wars (Beasties for those in Canada) and gave Disney the ideas for Toy Story.

The show that had the classic characters of Bob, Enzo Matrix (or Matrix starting at season three), Dot Matrix, Frisket, Megabyte, Hexadecimal, Hack and Slash, Mouse, Phong and all the other classic characters. As well, some of the best parodies of people, shows and movies were in this 4 season long adventure.

And in the words of Bob:
    This is bad. Very, very bad.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Warning: Incoming Game!

I'd always imagine the user being some little kid who thought he was all bad ass, and then getting all pissed off and upset when Bob beat him.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

What's with all of this mention of ReBoot suddenly? O_o I've never even heard of it.

And I've also noticed a bunch of old people returning recently, which is good news. :D

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

2nd thread about ReBoot? :D Anyways I used to watch it as a kid. It's one of the things that got me interested in CG.

16. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

If you have never seen Reboot or have watched up to the end of season three this will help to explain the show and it does it very accurately I might add.

Presenting the Reboot Musical!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ColRwxkC1FY

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It took me about a year to figure out Reboot was inside a computer, then about a week later I understood the 'user' was the person at the computer. I feel dumb now :(

18. Damian

Damian Member

Don't feel bad, it took me 3 seasons of the show to realize Megabyte was a virus. :(

I always wondered what part of the motherboard was "mainframe" located. In the begining bob mentions that it's a sub system on the motherboard, but where?

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I thought Disney started Toy Story sometime around 1991 or something silly like that.

I dunno.

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Pixar did Toy Story. Disney just distributed it. Pixar first started in the mid 80s when they were spun off from Industrial Light and Magic. The computer effects for the movie Tron were a lot earlier than either Toy Story or Reboot. The company that did the effects for Tron first got their start in the 50s or 60s when they were working with the US Navy to simulate photon/gamma interactions in the navy's nuclear reactors. Someone realized that they could simulate light just as they were simulating photons to create 3d rendered images, and they went from there.