Turtling in Empires

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by (2142)Gen.Reaper, Mar 21, 2008.

1. (2142)Gen.Reaper

(2142)Gen.Reaper Member

In Empires I haved notice that the tatic,turtling is nonexistant.Turtling is a stratgey in which both sides don't start fighting intill they have all tech and have their armies built up.But durning this "cold war" as some call it, there is Battles over resource points.

The main tatic right now in empires is to spam and rush tanks and viechles.There is no stratgey in it at all.You can at least release a version for turtlers or have a turtling gamemode at least!.
    The servers that don't allow rushing and only allow turtling are either empty or under-populated!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. communism

communism poof

I had no idea there isn't strategy involved in empires at this current moment.

Maybe you should quit playing mittoes or the training server?

3. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

If you want a turtle game, you have to secure the choke points early on,

IE on Canyon, the east and west choke points, wall and turret them up and you will get something similar to the turtle effect, however its more of a trench war.

Eventually one side will get the upper hand and break threw, however.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

ahahaha... I think you should play the map called "emp_money" you might like it and think it has alot of strategy lol

Also realize that the only servers that let you spam tanks to rush in the beginning are servers that changed the official settings(upped res).. A real game of empires does not work that way.. Too bad we don't have the PUG's going to let the community realize how much better an official settings match is

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Empires is about fighting with the other side, not spending an hour researching everything to defeat your enemy in 5 minutes or drag the game out to hours long.

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

But still it needs some sort of stratagy ^^

7. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Stalemate isn't strategy

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

I've been trying to be nice, but:
    [​IMG]

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

But I love doing that! :rolleyes:
    And isn't it little strategy to tell your troops where they should go?

KM Server *cough* .. I don't know what timezone you're playing on, but I have trouble getting into it (40 man server, sometimes it says 42/40 ^^).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  10. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

11. Demented

Demented Member

...What?
    I've seen turtling. Ten minutes of dissatisfying infantry combat serving as a distraction to one team getting a few research upgrades, then building super tanks that either rush the other team's commander or seize the entire rest of the map in two minutes.

Rushing and turtling go hand in hand in this mod.
    Maybe you're thinking of wars of attrition.

12. LordDz

Paintskillz failed.

13. LordDz

14. LordDz

YOU MADE MY DAY!
    +rep

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Turtling isn't strategic either, it's both teams sitting around doing nothing, or fighting with no tanks.

This isn't an RTS, your units will not be content to sit around your base waiting for people to advance, this is an aggressive game.

Turtling is impossible in empires, not simply nonexistant.

I do nothing but turtle in RTS games, and even I can see that trying to bring it to empires is a really silly idea.

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Connecting from the steam menu (not ingame), through the server menu their works to.

17. Richards

Richards Member

Perhaps there should be a couple additional techs that would aid turtling. Perhaps a tech to boost resource income? Or maybe implement towers, or pillboxes, or level four turrets that can only be built around the comm and can be placed on top built walls.

I like the level four turrets up on walls myself.

18. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I'm so sick of hearing people bitching about rushing in empires. Learn to be more aggressive, or this isn't the game for you. Also, rushing takes extreme amounts of skill, especially if it's an early-game comm rush.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Rushing I don't like, but it isn't required in empires, empires is merely an aggressive game, rushing doesn't guarantee a win.

But not attacking or at least skirmishing with the enemy does guarantee a loss. Which is right and proper for a multiplayer FPS game.

20. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It's not right. Turret limit in non-league games should be more than 24. 32 or 48. Team going for level 3 turrets invests a lot of time (some resources too) and gets only a few turrets. The team that does usual bio or physics research can rape them with HE/ranged CN then (or few minutes later).

Another thing: games in Empires when turrets are so limited are much shorter than earlier. The main turtling weapon is crippled. Imagine that we have 24 turrets built in NF and BE has 20 people in their team. 10 grenadiers kill 2 turrets each and .

Resources: tanks are cheaper than ever but turret cost is the same as in Empires 1.0.

Empires is less fun when all you do all the time is only rushing, rushing and rushing.