Turret upgrade

Discussion in 'Support' started by Z100000M, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

SoF , im on NF . BE was better team , they keep throwing us away from mid , so com made a little outpost on that long road. As soon as i had 30 points , i picked up the turret upgrade. I made an mg and upgr it, it killed few roflo's , but i was killed too. I wanted to spawn at foward barracks they were destroyed , and i had to spawn at main base. I put ml in bushes and upgraded it because apc was attacking. I put an mg near ml but then i as killed by other engy. Another spawn , but i changed class to scout so my turrets were destroyed by myself , not by enemy, then changed back to engineer. I walled that little back alley near stairs but made a little gap so inflantry can go thru it. I put an Mg near it , making a trap. But when i got my mg up , and pressed the upgrade button in mg's menu ,nothing happend. I recycled it , and thought it was because its part was in air. I made another mg , and same happened. Tried once again in other place but without succes. I went to armory and changed other skills , but still i coudn't upgrade mg. I suicided , but still same. I went spectator ,and then back NF but still the same.

PS about that class changing : i saw that used by clanners ,and thought its a good idea, used that tactic few times but only now something went wrong :S

2. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

sounds like you forgot to give yourself the upgrade turret skill, or perhaps you somehow dropped from your squad.

I haven't had this problem myself, so I'm not sure

3. Z100000M

no , i always checked ,and i had it , and the problem was the icon of upgrade was availible , and when clicked nothing happend. Dropped from squad? That can't be that because i had all 4 skills availible and over 50 rank points ,and picked that skill as 3rd one. Other skills worked fine , just this one didn't.

4. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

hmm...weird, don't know what to tell you.

Are you still having that problem?

5. Avair

Avair Member

did you select the turret upgrade when you switched back to engineer?

6. Chahk

Chahk Member

When you change class, and then change it back to what it was before, you have to manually select all the upgrades all over again because the game doesn't remember them. You also have to either make the changes BEFORE you spawn, or apply the changes while inside Barracks/Armory/near a flag.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

also, if there is ANY lag on the server i have to hold down most buttons (upgrade/recycle, tank build menues, ect) to get them to work. could have been it.

8. Z100000M

Avair: yes i did , but i selected them in other order
    Chank : yes i did that , few times , including after suiciding and changing team and going back , all other skills like repair upgrade worked fine , just this one didn't
    mr_quackums : hmm this can be it , but there were no lag , 40-70 and no spikes

9. Thyreus

Thyreus Member

Also, if the turret is slightly damaged you need to repair it to full hp before you can begin upgrading.

10. Z100000M

Thyreus: they had full hp , and im not sure if u need full hp turret to upgrade , as far as i know it must be just operational.

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It can be upgraded even when damaged, but it will have less health once upgraded, you will need to spend more time building it.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i know for a fact you can repair a dmged turret the exact same as a full hp one.

a favorite tactic of mine is to upgrade a turret while its getting hit by a ml, just time rocket impacts to hitting the upgrade button.