Tribes: Ascend Footage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

So I just watched this gameplay footage of Tribes Ascend and it actually looks like it's going to take off well,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc75GOZ4h8g&hq=1
    The gameplay footage is actually at 1:40 but if you care about where they are taking Tribes then watch the whole thing. Apparently, since the game is F2P, they are going to have microtransactions, which I don't really give a damn about, but I don't want people with their nuke launching spinfusors flying around. Also preset loadouts and only 2 weapons got me kind of mad as well cause it isn't tribes, tribes was all about everything being advanced.

I see they replicated the shrike which is awesome, made the grav cycle sexy (and I think hold two people), the tank looks much more slick and near the end of the video you see a havoc transport. My favourite part was the shitstorm of a base rape that was happening in the end of the video, cause that's what was fun, the shitstorm where the whole server is in the same twenty metres squared shooting at each other.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

looks sexy.. but only 2 guns... I love the tribes franchise and so do tons of other players... if they fuck this up its gana be bad for them.

3. communism

communism poof

tribes 2 had the best mods, doubt this will have any

4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

BLOOD EAGLES!! (See my avatar for refferance.)

I hope they kept the buckler from Tribes vengance, thats the only thing i want out of that game.

5. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I don't understand all this two gun business, I saw atleast four in that footage. Unless you're referring to the amount of guns you're allowed to carry at one time.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They are planning for two guns per loadout, and the loadouts are templates, the game is probably going to have the 50 billion guns the old one had, but you can only carry two at a time. But I doubt it will happen because all the fan boys want the game the old way, which was good.

Anyways if peeps are gonna play will you play as Diamond Sword or Blood Eagle?

7. Apex

Apex Member

That gameplay looks awesome atmosphere looks tops, nothing can possibly go wro..
    [​IMG]

They best not break the only shooter I find tolerable outside of Source. The way the video played makes heavies(Lots o weapon dude) seem useless. Not only are there a lot of lights zooming around with explodey weapons, looked like quite a few powerful sniping ones to pick off the typically slow flying heavy. So I doubt they'll be changing weapon the weapon loadout.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what is this new bs with 2 guys now?
    even duke nukem could only carry 2 weapons at a time.
    i mean the duke - u kidding me?

9. Apex

Apex Member

Because their target audience of casual gamers don't know how to switch weapons beyond "Q"

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i gonna out myself as guy that learned FPS from quake1 - what the hell is "Q"?

edit:
    ah got it, last weapon - never used that, its useless ...

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Because you can only map 4 things on the fucking D-pad
    Blame lazy game developers for making co-releases with xbox and ps.
    So many new and "big" games going shit because everything has to be also released on consoles.

12. Apex

Apex Member

Your keyboard key. I figured I'd use "Q" since it's the default for Source shooters' quick weapon swap.
    EDIT: And this is going to be a PC only release unless you can release free software on PSN & XBL. I'm pretty sure even PC exclusives are picking up on this now because that's what the twitch console gamers are used to.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

All the fanboys are going to play Tribes 2 forever, and that's a fact, they all hate Tribes ascend even though to me it looks promising. I just really hope it's the old loadout system and that they bring skiing back like in the first two, not like the vengeance style. Also 5 heavies on a havoc rush is gonna be fun shit again, and the laser rifle is back too to be the bitch weapon again.

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I only played Vengance, how is skiing diffrent in the previous ones?

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

well skiing in vengeance is where you hold down space bar and you instantly get like skis, but it doesn't jump. In the other two you could jump with space bar, to perform something like jump + jets for better momentum, and you just hold it to ski. It's a small thing but it was pretty big.

16. Apex

Apex Member

I'm still playing Starsiege: Tribes. What would that make me? I'm honestly optimistic about this game. It may come out being fun even more fun than Tribes/2, but it won't be the same gameplay.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

fuuuuuuuu... all this talk of tribes made me want to play it again... I seem to have lost my tribes vengeance key(the whole cd to be more exact I only have the iso image of it left.). You can install the tribes revengeance which is the free version but, its requires activation at a polish site that blocks all non polish. Can somone give go there and get me a key?

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm getting the twitch to play Tribesnext thinking about Ascend, I hope the pugs would be as awesome as they were, or the pubs, the pubs were as fun as the pugs because everyone was so competitive in the pubs, always trying to duel you and stuff.

19. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Apex, did you ever play Earthsiege or Starsiege? which spawned Tribes? or did anyone for that matter?

Also, if they put the fucking grapler gun in Ascend, im going to flip shit, that was the worst part of vengance, fucking faggots could fly forever as long as they had grapler ammo. made catching flag fags nearly impossible. (just thinking about it makes me angry.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  20. Apex

Apex Member

I played Starsiege a little after I played Starsiege: Tribes thinking "Oh an older Tribes". I was wrong and didn't much care for the gameplay either.