Transfer Commander Wages into team res pool

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Minato, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Minato

Minato Member

A similiar suggestion, to be able to transfer personal wages into team res was shot down 3-4 years ago, and some good points were certainly brought up against it.
    However, how about this? Make only the commander capable of using his wages for building construction in the command interface?

This way the team can't just spam tanks by donating all their shit together, and it would allow for better comebacks - say you lost all your refs and radar and have no good source of income, but the commander still has his wages and can re-place those buildings with them.
    It takes a while for the comm to customize a tank/APC for someone else, and it's time he could be using to do something better.

Every now and then when I command I find that when the match ends, I usually have around 600 to 1k in wages just from building the base and killing some intruders, ridiculous.

Problem being just about anyone could (be asked to) jump into the CV and do it. Make it so that this feature can only be used by someone who has accumulated 5 minutes of commanding time on the current map?

EDIT: I just realized my idea changed completely halfway, so the title "Use Commander Wages to place buildings" would be more appropriate, whoops.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Commander's wages has always been useful.
    I've had several game-saving vehicles that's built by comm.

But I can imagine there are cases that your team is super poor and a wild rax somewhere can actually turn the game around.
    So...this is a neat suggestion anyway. I got nothing against this.

The thing is, is this easy for Candles?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Haha, here we go again.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Oh don't worry, nobody is going to read so far. :p

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

how is it a problem?

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Here's how to fix this. Make commanders get a lower cut of wages, and make it so wages can pay for buildings. The lower cut means you can spam buildings wiht 9000 wages.

7. Minato

Minato Member

Yeah, I guess it doesn't fit into the two-line suggestion that we've grown accustomed to?

It'd basically be the same thing as players donating their wages into team fund, an idea that, as I mentioned, was shot down.
    I could think of more if I really wanted to but I'd rather go and actually play Empires. Someone else will think of any random thing wrong or bad with it, just let it sit for a couple more hours.

8. Metruption

Metruption Member

The comm can jump out and make tanks in the VF.

9. Minato

Minato Member

It still takes time. Like Security said, I've seen APCs or tanks that were rolled with comm wages that saved the day, there's nothing I have against that at all

But to begin with, that's not even the kind of situation I have in mind - What if there is no VF and there's not an amount of res to support one at a critical moment? Yet the Commander has wages he may not really need and could use instantly - that's the sort of situation in which this could work.

10. Metruption

Metruption Member

So if an infantryman spends money

wages > team res

But if a comm spends money

ream res > wages?

11. Minato

Minato Member

For buildings, yeah

Whether it should be his wages first when rolling a vehicle from the comm seat is also discussable, but I think it should be wages > res so the team doesn't get hurt