Top Sliced Hot Dog Buns

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Krenzo, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I went to the store today and bought some hot dogs and buns. I didn't pay attention to the buns until I got home and noticed they said "top sliced." I spent a minute looking all over the bun for where the slice was exactly as I'd never heard of "top sliced." It turns out that means it's sliced from the side. I don't know about you, but when I eat a hot dog, the top is the part where the hot dog is and the sides are the parts that spread apart.

I guess "top sliced" is where all the retards work at the factory and can't figure out how to properly slice a bun so they give it a new name and ship it to store for people to mistakenly buy. Anyway, I found the slice and proceeded to insert the hot dog into the bun while I'm desperately fighting hunger after my usual hours long coding sessions, and it turns out that no hot dog can possibly fit into this "top slice." It makes no damn sense! The slice is there to insert a hot dog, and it's worthless if you can't fit it in there. Who the hell came up with this idea? Did that person ever actually prepare a hot dog for themselves with this worthless new bun, or did they surround themselves with hot dog hating yes men whose hidden agenda is to ruin all that is right with the world?

I proceeded to bend and stretch the bun to fit the dog in it, even using a knife to cut the slice deeper to fit the dog in there. All of my swearing and cursing struck fear into the very bun itself, and it finally yielded to my attempts at making an honest hot dog and bun union. Now, I'm coming here to pour out my frustrations because if I were attempt to hold in my hot dog bun induced rage I might rupture my spleen, and I'm here to warn you.

Don't buy "top sliced" hot dog buns!

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

Just stick to hot pockets and you'll be allright. :p

3. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

or learn how to cook ...

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

... or better yet, get a woman to cook for you ;)

j/k. I kid the women.

5. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

You have no idea the epic scale of these "top sliced" hot dogs. If Krenzo's willing to go out of his way in all fury to make a post about it on Empires, it must be of impeccable priority. Stay safe kids, don't buy them.

6. picard131

picard131 Member

Buns are tricky buisiness. I just mutilate them with a knife until they yield for me a suitable hole for which to put the hot dog in.

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Buns are waste, I just use regular bread. :D

8. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Take a picture at that and give me a picture at your normal hot dog's bun.

I want to see what do you mean because those may be the same buns as they use here in Finland for hot dogs.

9. REX

REX Member

hmm I have never tried any of the store bought ones that are made for sideways cuts that actually worked well.

Its like they are always too small compared to the meat..... and if you try to do a single slice into it that is big/deep enough it will break when you start eathing it. I usually carve like a suasage trench with my knife.

I often wonder "Did the creator of this product and much other stuff ever test it
    first.... or have the opinion of a test group ?"

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Strange, we usually buy buns here in Europe, and slice them ourselves using a knife and minor effort.

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

pre-slicing is so easy to do at a factory, I'm surprised it's not done over there. And if the factory's pre-slicing isn't deep enough, you can always slice it more yourself.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

roffles

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

But what if the slicing is wrong?! You can't fix a top sliced hot dog bun! It's ruined for good!

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

you could slice it more?

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what he said.
    :eek:

hey, if you do do a slice in the top then you can cut out a wedge, and then even the beefiest genitalia hotdog will fit in :)

16. Chahk

Chahk Member

"American Hot Dog" starring Private Sandbag, film at 11.

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

fixed.

18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Yeah. That's unfortunate. You should never buy those buns again.

19. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

[kiss-ass=Destroyer224]We must boycott the makers of these top-sliced hot dog buns! No one insults the Krenzo and lives![/kiss-ass]

20. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Boy, we people had it all wrong when we went to get fresh baked buns at the bakery instead of buying at your average shop. :|

At least we don't get out of practice cutting things, so shut up or ima cut'choo!